All of the information you need to know when moving to Round Rock is included in the New Resident Guide. The City provides residential water, wastewater (sewer), stormwater drainage, garbage and recycling collection services. To apply for these services, visit RRTXWater.com. The gas and electric providers are listed below.
|Water, Wastewater, Garbage and Recycling||City of Round Rock||512-218-5460|
|Oncor* Power to Choose||1-866-797-4839|
* Oncor delivers the electricity. Residents choose which provider the services are billed through.
The City of Round Rock’s service area is distributed into four billing zones based on your property’s geographic location. Due to your zone being determined by where you live, you cannot change your due date. Utility bills are mailed once per month based on the following schedule:
- Zone 1 – Due every 3rd of the month
- Zone 2 – Due every 10th of the month
- Zone 3 – Due every 17th of the month
- Zone 4 – Due every 24th of the month
- Online Payment – You can make a one-time payment or set up auto-pay at RRTXWater.com.
- Phone – Call the toll-free number at 1-855-894-2392. Be sure to select “#” after your CID number and Account number, i.e. XXXXXX# XXXXXX#.
- Online Banking
- 24 Hour Deposit Boxes – A deposit box is located at the corner of Bagdad Avenue and Sheppard Street at City Hall, 221 E. Main Street, in addition to a freestanding deposit box on the east side of of the building. Check or money orders only.
- Lobby or Walk-in – Located at City Hall, 221 E. Main Street, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cash payments are accepted.
- Regular Mail – Mail to Utility Billing, 221 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas, 78664.
Your Utility Bill
Want to know what you're paying for?
Watch this quick video about the water service a typical residential water bill covers, and the costs of delivering a consistent, reliable flow of safe and affordable drinking water to your faucet.