Welcome to the community! The New Resident Guide includes all of the information you need to know when moving to Round Rock. The City provides residents with water, wastewater (sewer), storm-water drainage, garbage, and recycling collection services. In addition, the gas and electric service providers are listed below.
* Oncor delivers the electricity. Residents choose the provider of their services for billing.
Service Applications and Forms
The City of Round Rock’s service area is distributed into four billing zones based on your property’s geographic location. Therefore, customers cannot change their due date. Utility bills are mailed once per month and are due as follows:
- Online Payment – You can make a one-time payment or set up auto-pay here.
- Phone – Call the toll-free number at 1-855-894-2392. Select “#” after your CID number and Account number, i.e., XXXXXX# XXXXXX#.
- Online Banking
- 24 Hour Deposit Boxes – A deposit box is located at the corner of Bagdad Avenue and Sheppard Street at City Hall, 221 E. Main Street. The second freestanding deposit box on the east side of the building is closed due to road-construction. Check or money orders only.
- Lobby or Walk-in – Located at City Hall, 221 E. Main Street, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Regular Mail – Mail to Utility Billing, 221 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas, 78664.
Your Utility Bill
Want to know what you're paying for?
Watch this quick video about the water service a typical residential water bill covers, and the costs of delivering a consistent, reliable flow of safe and affordable drinking water to your faucet.