General Election Information
The City of Round Rock holds annual general elections on the May uniform election date (first Saturday in May) each year. City Council members are elected for 3 year staggered terms.
May 4, 2024 Election Information
Section 2051.152 of the Government code requires the City of Round Rock to post the date and location of the next election for City Council, as well as the requirements and deadline to run for office, continuously for one year prior to the next election. Please see full information here: May 4, 2024 Posting Requirements
- Date of next General Election – May 4, 2024
- First day to apply for ballot by mail – January 1, 2024
- First day to file for a place on the ballot – January 17, 2024
- Last day to file for place on the ballot and Last Day to order General Election – February 16, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to register to vote – April 4, 2024
- First day of Early Voting by appearance – April 22, 2024
- Last day to apply to vote by mail – April 23, 2024 (Received, not Postmarked)
- Last day of Early Voting by appearance – April 30, 2024
- Polling locations for the 2024 election will be determined by Williamson County and Travis County.
- Candidate eligibility requirements
Semi-Annual Campaign Finance Reports
- Candidates are required by state law to file semi-annual campaign finance reports (Form C/OH) with the City Clerk’s office. These reports are due January 15th and July 15th of each year, and reporting requirements end when a candidate has filed a final report with the City Clerk. Retention for semi-annual reports is date of filing + 2 years (Per section 254.040 of Texas Election Code), and therefore only those reports in effect are shown below. Reports are organized below by month and year they were due and newest to oldest.
- Craig Morgan
- Michelle Ly
- Rene Flores
- Matthew Baker
- Frank Ortega
- Kristin Stevens
- Hilda Montgomery
- Shannon Probe
- Greg Rabaey
- Vote For Round Rock (SPAC)