Public Information Request

Welcome to the City’s transparency portal, where you can submit an Open Records Request under the Texas Public Information Act or find other public records already available to the public online (see below). The City of Round Rock values transparency and works to ensure that public records are accessible to those who seek them. For further assistance, you can contact the City Clerk’s Office.

All requests for public records must be made in writing using one of the following methods: 

Online: Open Records Center

In person or by mail to: 

Round Rock City Hall
Attn: City Clerk’s Office/Open Records
221 E. Main Street
Round Rock, TX 78664


Per the Texas Public Information Act , the City has ten (10) business days to do one of the following:

  • Respond to the request;
  • Let the requester know when we can respond to the request;
  • Request a clarification from a requester; or
  • Send a request for a ruling to withhold from the Attorney General’s Office.
    Note: City holidays and weekends are not included in the ten days and we cannot expedite requests.

The City of Round Rock has adopted the Texas State Library & Archives retention schedules and destruction policies. Records may no longer be available if they have met retention and been destroyed per The Texas State Library guidelines.

For charges related to the Texas Public Information Act, please visit the Texas Secretary of State website.

More information can be found in the FAQ’s in the Open Records Center.


You may obtain the public only portion of a report by visiting our Police to Citizen page. (Please note that this report will not contain confidential information). To receive the full report, an open records request must be submitted and is subject to being sent for an Attorney General Opinion. AG opinions can take up to 45 days.

To request an accident or crash report, please visit the Texas Department of Transportation Crash Records Information System.

Scroll to Top