Dismissals have many terms and are not always a Defendant’s right. Offenses that may be dismissed before appearance date on citation or in open court must meet the listed terms. Fees are payable in cash, money order or the Defendant’s personal MasterCard or Visa. Checks are not accepted.
Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (no insurance) – no dismissal fee
- Provide proof as required by law for the date and time you were stopped. Electronic proof will not be accepted.
- You may appear early in the Clerk’s office, or by faxing or mailing your proof of insurance.
Expired Vehicle/Trailer Registration – $20 dismissal fee
- Renew your registration before appearance date on citation.
- Provide a legible receipt of registration that clearly identifies the vehicle in violation and the payment of the required penalty fee.
Expired Driver’s License – $20 dismissal fee
- Renew your license before appearance date on citation.
- Provide your new temporary license.
Operate Motor Vehicle without License Plates or with One Plate – $10 dismissal fee
- Remedied the defect by attaching the license plates or plate to the subject vehicle as required by law before appearance date on citation.
- The registration on the vehicle was current on offense date and time
- Present a photo of vehicle with plate(s) attached and registration receipt.
Fail to Report Change of Address or Name – $20 dismissal fee
- Reported a change of name or address to Texas Dept. of Public Safety 20 working days after the date of the offense.
- Presented a license or receipt from Texas Dept. of Public Safety reflecting change of address or name.
Expired Motor Vehicle Registration / Fail to Display Motor Vehicle Registration – $10 dismissal fee
- ****Registered at the time of offense but not placed on vehicle****
- Present a registration receipt which shows proof the vehicle was registered at the time of offense.
- The registration insignia was attached to the vehicle before appearance date on citation.
Expired Disabled Parking Placard (Less than 60 days expired) – $20 dismissal fee
- Renewed the expired Disabled Placard 20 working days after the offense or before appearance date on citation, whichever is later.
- Present proof of the renewal of the Disabled Placard.
Display Altered, Unclean or Obscured License Plates – $10 dismissal fee
- Remedied the defect before appearance date on citation.
- Present a photo of vehicle with plate(s) remedied.
Defective Equipment or Unsafe Condition – $10 dismissal fee
- ****Does not apply if offense involves a Commercial Motor Vehicle****
- Remedied the defect or condition before appearance date on citation.
- Provide a legible receipt for remedying the defect.
If you received a citation for Failure to Display Driver’s License, you may appear on your appearance date on citation, present your driver’s license to the Judge and request dismissal.