We are excited to announce our new series designed to help teens develop life skills and knowledge to survive adulthood. Each month will feature a presenter who is an expert on that month’s topic. We’ll meet the first Tuesday of every month.
Upcoming topics are:
- March 7: Emergency situations and personal safety
- April 4: Job applications and resumes
- May 2: Water conservation at home
We have two programs over the summer:
- June 24: Pet ownership – choosing the right pet for your lifestyle and learn about the responsibilities of being a pet parent
- July 15: Yoga for a healthy lifestyle
More information on our fall topics are coming soon but will include:
- Financial literacy
- Healthy eating on a tight budget
- Basic car maintenance
We are building community partnerships to offer more topics in 2018. If you are a presenter with adulting knowledge you’d like to share with Round Rock’s teens, please contact our teen librarian Jane Dance.