The City of Round Rock will hold general and special elections on May 6, 2017. Important information regarding the election can be found below, and in more detail, on the City’s election webpage at: roundrocktexas.gov/elections
Important Upcoming Election Dates
- First day of Early Voting: Monday, April 24
- Last day of Early Voting: Tuesday, May 2
- Last day to apply for ballot-by-mail: Tuesday, April 24**
**Applications must be received by this date, not merely postmarked. Contact Williamson County Elections for more details.
Early Voting Polling Locations
Election Day Polling Locations
General Election Candidates
The following individuals filed with the City Clerk for a place on the General Election ballot (listed in order application was filed):
- Craig Morgan
- Josh Couture
- Hilda Montgomery
City Council Place 1:
- Hollis Bone
- Tammy Young
- Matthew Carothers
City Council Place 4:
- Will Peckham
- Tracie Storie
Special Election Propositions
Click on the ballot language below for each proposition to view the changes that would be made in the actual Charter language:
- Proposition 1: Amendment to the Home Rule Charter of the City of Round Rock, Texas changing the procedure for the filling of vacancies on the City Council and the Office of the Mayor.
- Proposition 2: Amendment to the Home Rule Charter of the City of Round Rock, Texas to allow the City Council to authorize city employees other than the City Manager to execute contracts and/or expends funds for budget items.
- Proposition 3: Amendment to the Home Rule Charter of the City of Round Rock, Texas to clarify and make consistent the terms used to reference the Mayor, Councilmembers, City Manager, and other city employees.
- Proposition 4: Amendment to the Home Rule Charter of the City of Round Rock, Texas to increase the candidate filing fee from $50 to $250 and to increase from 25 to 100 the number of voter signatures required for a petition to be on the ballot.