Work related to the Downtown parklets project will necessitate the closure of South Lampasas Street from Main Street to Bagdad Avenue from 6 p.m. Friday, May 29 through 6 a.m. Monday, June 1. As a result, the City Hall parking garage on South Lampasas Street will not be accessible during this time.
During the closure, crews will be milling the current asphalt and installing new asphalt along South Lampasas Street. Additionally, three new parking spaces will be added.
In addition to street parking, there are many other options for free, easy parking throughout Downtown:
- McNeil surface lot (accessed from McNeil Road)
- Library overflow surface lot (accessed from Liberty Avenue)
- Library surface lot (accessed from Liberty Avenue and/or Sheppard Street)
- Liberty Avenue surface lot (accessed from Liberty Avenue)
- Transit Center parking garage (accessed from Bagdad Avenue)
- Baca Center parking garage (accessed via Bagdad Avenue)
- Centennial Plaza surface lot (accessed from Brown Street and/or Bagdad Avenue)