The 10th annual Round Rock Chalk Walk Arts Festival returns Oct. 4-5, but this year it will be bigger and better than ever at Dell Diamond! The festival features world-class art, chalk murals, live music, great food and plenty of fun for the whole family. Did we mention it’s free?
Use these seven helpful tips to get the most out of this year’s festival:
- New location — The first step to fun at the festival is GETTING to the festival. It will be held at Dell Diamond for the first time this year to accommodate the growing number of festival attendees. Parking is free and plentiful and all entrances into the parking lots will be open for traffic flow.
- Food — From Southside Market & Barbeque to Frank’s Hot Dogs, Dell Diamond has something for everyone. All food vendors will be open and beer and wine will be sold. Roaming food carts will also be available within the fenced-off festival area outside of the stadium.
- Kids — There will be no shortage of fun for the kids! A dedicated kids chalking area will also be home to a ride-on kids train. Inside the stadium, kids can check out the library STEM mobile, the School of Rock concert stage, the TapSnap photo booth, and of course, the face painting tent.
- Evening concerts — The festival features nine stages of music on Friday evening and all day on Saturday. The field will open both nights at 6:30 p.m. for attendees to enjoy the evening concerts under the stars. Chairs are not permitted, but blankets and towels are encouraged. The rocking chairs under the Home Run Porch will also be up for grabs! Check out the event brochure for concert schedules and an event map.
- Vendor booths — Over 50 vendors and artisans are featured within the stadium. Grab a snack from a food vendor and get a little shopping done!
- Dell Diamond amenities — Dell Diamond features many amenities for attendees. Water fountains, a First Aid Station, a Lactation Station for mothers and changing tables in all men’s, women’s and family restrooms throughout the stadium are available for attendees to utilize. Please refer to the Dell Diamond rules for questions regarding strollers, dogs, smoking, outside coolers etc.
- Chalk art — Chalk Walk features world-class chalk artists from all over the country. Artists will be done chalking at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, so we recommend grabbing a glass of wine and strolling amongst the finished art on Saturday evening.
3400 East Palm Valley Boulevard
5 to 11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4
9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5