The Environmental Protection Agency’s annual Fix a Leak Week (March 15-19, 2021) is to encourage Americans to use water efficiently by finding and fixing leaks. Repairing minor leaks, such as running toilets, leaky faucets, and dripping shower heads, can save a household as much as 10 percent on their utility bill and save water for future generations.
Houston Public Works, Fort Worth Water, and the City of Dallas Water Utilities have partnered to host two virtual leak repair workshops as a part for Fix A Leak Week this year. This information will be relevant for any homeowner.
Closer to home, a lot is happening all month long too:
- A special rebate being offered the whole month with Flume water flow sensors (that information is attached) or www.flumewater.com/roundrock;
- Information tables are set up at the Library, Baca Center, and Utility Billing offices all month. Lots of leak related freebies available, such as dye tables, drip gauges, plumbers tape, shower timers, and more.
- Mailing free leak detection kits, by request.
- Virtual leak fixing classes on March 16 and 18 were recorded and can be viewed at the links below.
- A NEW DIY Water Saving Tool Kit can be checked out from the library!
- You can find all this information plus videos, and more on the City’s website here.
Fix a Leak Week Workshops
Learn from the experts how to find & fix common household leaks in a FREE two-part webinar series on March 16 & 18. The events were recorded, live and can be found at the links below.
Houston Public Works, Dallas Water Utilities, Fort Worth Water are bringing together a virtual class line-up featuring some of the leaders in the leak repair industry, providing comprehensive information about repairing simple water leaks inside and outside the home. This is a DIY event you will not want to miss!
Part 1: Indoor Leak Repair
Don’t forget to tell your friends and share their hashtag: #FixALeakTX on social media! For more information on the workshops: WaterConservation@HoustonTX.gov