Every two years, the City of Round Rock conducts a survey of its citizens to see how well the city government is meeting their needs and to determine the issues of concern to them.
The City’s ratings for citizen satisfaction show residents have “a very positive perception of the City,” according to the 2018 Community Survey.
The City hired ETC Institute to conduct its biennial community survey in late spring 2018. The results were presented to the City Council on July 12, 2018. The survey, which was completed by 401 randomly selected residents, has a 4.9 percent margin of error.
Survey highlights include:
- 84 percent of residents who had an opinion were satisfied with the overall quality of life in the City, 10 percent were neutral and only 6 percent were dissatisfied
- 82 percent of residents who had an opinion were “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with the overall quality of services provided by the City, with 88 percent satisfied with fire services, 83 percent with police services, and 83 percent with parks and recreation.
- 76 percent of residents felt traffic flow in the City was getting worse compared to two years ago
- 45 percent of residents rated traffic flow in and around neighborhoods as “excellent” or “good” and 14 percent of residents rated traffic flow on state roads and highways as “excellent” or “good.”
- Most residents felt safe in Round Rock. Ninety percent of residents who had an opinion felt “very safe” or “safe” in the City. The areas where residents felt most safe were: in their neighborhood during the day (95 percent), in Downtown Round Rock (88 percent), and City parks (84 percent).
- Regarding customer service, 80 percent of residents who had contacted the City during the past year described the service they received as “excellent” or “good.”
ETC noted satisfaction with City services is significantly higher in Round Rock than in other communities. ETC conducts benchmark surveys nationally and regionally.
- The City’s overall satisfaction rating for services is 33 percent above the national average
- The City’s satisfaction rating for quality of life is 11 percent above the national average and 18 percent above the state average
- Round Rock residents’ satisfaction with the maintenance of the City’s parks is 18 percent above the national average and 24 percent above the state average
- Round Rock residents’ satisfaction with City customer service ranked significantly higher than state and national averages, with 22 percent higher satisfaction with the “way they were treated” than the state average
- Of 11 services surveyed, 10 in Round Rock are higher than national and regional benchmarks. Only “management of traffic flow” is below national and regional benchmarks