Information about dismissal possibilities in Round Rock’s Municipal Court.
If you received a citation for Failure to Display Driver’s License, you may appear on your appearance date and present the Driver’s License to the Judge and request dismissal.
If you received a citation for Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (no insurance) and you can provide proof as required by law for the date and time you were stopped, you may request dismissal.
These dismissals have many terms and are not always a Defendant’s right. These dismissals are valid if the Defendant appears on or before the required appearance date and meets the terms.
Checks are not accepted for payment of these fees. Fees for compliance dismissals are payable in cash, money order or the Defendant’s personal MasterCard or Visa.
If you receive one of the following citations and meet the listed terms, the Judge may decide to dismiss you case, at Judge’s discretion:
Expired Driver’s License
- Renew your license before first court appearance assigned by the charging officer.
- Provide your new temporary license.
- Present the temporary license noted above with $20 dismissal fee no later than your court appearance date assigned by the charging officer.
Expired Vehicle Registration
- Renew your registration before first court appearance assigned by the charging officer.
- Provide a legible receipt of registration that clearly identifies the vehicle in violation and the payment of the required penalty fee to the Department of Traansportation.
- Present the receipt noted above with $20 dismissal fee no later than your court appearance date assigned by the charging officer.