If you received a citation from the City of Round Rock, this page provides information on the likely fine associated with it and payment options. Offense descriptions may vary and can be written in multiple ways.
If you need clarification, call the Municipal Court Clerk’s office at 512-218-5480.
Paying your citation
Round Rock Municipal Court accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cash – in person only
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check – if paying by mail or night drop, must include Plea form
- Visa or MasterCard – in person only
- The card must be in the name of the person who received the ticket
- Valid photo identification
- Name must match the credit card and name on the ticket
- Online payment
- There are additional processing fees
- Payments made after 2:00 pm will be processed the next business day
- If paying online, you must enter a plea of No Contest or Guilty. Payment will close the case. If this is not your intent, do not pay online.
- Not all violations can be paid online. Some will require your appearance in court or payment must be made in the Clerk’s office as additional paperwork will be required. Examples of cases not eligible for online payment:
- Driver’s safety course request
- Deferred disposition
- Minor charged with a tobacco/alcohol violation
- Under the age of 17 at the time of the violation
- Posting a cash bond
If there was an accident involved and you received a ticket for a moving violation, the fine is $247.
Construction Zone citation
If you were charged with speeding in a construction zone and workers were not present, your fine will be the same as a normal speeding violation.
If you were charged with speeding in a construction zone and workers were present, your fine will be doubled and you will not be able to take a driver’s safety class to have the ticket dismissed.
You have two options if you received a parking violation:
- Speak with the Judge on your appearance date at 9:00 am
- Pay the fine by appearance date on your citation
- parking in a handicapped space, $517
- parking in a fire zone, $180
- other parking violations, $100
For most municipal court cases the maximum fine is:
- Traffic violations, $227
- Penal violations, $500
- City ordinances, $500
Requesting a payment extension
If you would like to enter a plea of No Contest or Guilty, you may request a 30-day extension to pay the fine in full. This request can be made either in person or by sending the Defendant’s Request form to the Clerk’s office, provided you do so on or before the required appearance date assigned to you on your citation. This form is also available in Spanish. Only one extension will be allowed.
It is the responsibility of the person who received the citation to call the Clerk’s office at 512-218-5480 to verify the request was received and approved by the Judge.
If a warrant has been issued for your arrest, this court offers a “safe harbor” to turn yourself in on Class C warrants issued by this court. This court will not allow the arrest or jailing of any person with an outstanding arrest warrant who (1) voluntarily appears before a judge of this court at any of this court’s initial appearance dockets at 9:00 am on Monday or Thursday each week; and (2) makes a good faith effort to resolve the arrest warrant before it is executed (served on the person named in the warrant by a law enforcement official). In other words, if you have an active Class C misdemeanor warrant issued by this court and you voluntarily appear at one of the court’s initial appearance dockets, you will not be arrested and you will be allowed to speak to a judge and make a good faith effort to resolve the arrest warrant before it is executed. If the judge determines that you have made a good faith effort to resolve the arrest warrant, the judge will recall the warrant.