Forest Creek Golf Club will undergo extensive repairs and renovation to improve the course starting this December. The work will necessitate a full closure through summer 2018. The City Council approved the $3.9 million in repair and renovation contracts at its Nov. 9 meeting.
The work includes:
- Rebuilding of the current 18 greens, putting green and chipping green to USGA specifications
- Addition of a new extra green and extra tee area to create the option of 19 hole tournaments and events
- Complete renovation of the driving range to include new tee area, regrading of the range, target greens and sand traps
- Reconstruction of all bunkers
- Improved drainage in low lying areas of the course
- Installation of new course irrigation system
- Replacement of 7 cart bridges
- Reinforcement and redecking of 2 cart bridges
Open houses will be held at 6 p.m. on Nov. 14 and 15 to discuss the renovation in further detail. They will be held at the Forest Creek Golf Club clubhouse, 99 Twin Ridge Parkway.