The City of Round Rock received six awards for its communications and marketing efforts from the Texas Association of Information Officers (TAMIO). The City won four first place TAMI Awards, one second and one third at the TAMIO conference June 8 in Lakeway.
The first-place awards were for its Purrr-fect Budget Video, two for the “Lost Teddy” Facebook initiative that reunited a little girl and her lost teddy bear, and the Immortal Ten Bridge video. Second place was for the When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors public service announcement video. The Music on Main event promotional poster won third place honors.
- Purrr-fect Budget Video – Regular recurring video
- Lost Teddy – Best use of social media
- Lost Teddy – Most creative with least dollars
- Immortal Ten Bridge – Special one-time video
- When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors – Public Service Announcement Educational
- Music on Main poster – Flyer, poster promotional item