And just like that, the 2016 season is coming to a close. The Round Rock Express are set to close out the season with their annual Fan Appreciation Weekend kicking off this Friday, September 2 with a four-game series against the Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals affiliate).
Friday’s 7:05 p.m. series opener will feature the first-ever 50/50 raffle at Dell Diamond. Fans can purchase raffle tickets from volunteers on the concourse behind home plate. Following the game, one lucky winner will take home half the pot while the other half will go to benefit Jana’s House, a home for orphaned children currently being constructed in Zambia in honor of Jana Almendarez. Fans must be present to win. Following the game, Bud Light Friday Fireworks will light up the night sky.
The Express will host Shirt-Off-Their-Back Night on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. Fans will have the chance to win an Express player or coach’s jersey literally right off their back just by purchasing raffle tickets throughout the game. Winners will be invited down on the field to meet the player/coach, get their jersey signed and take a photo with him. All proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit Jana’s House.
Finally, the Express celebrate you – the fans – on Sunday during Fan Appreciation Night. Express players and coaches will welcome fans at the gates for photos and autographs prior to the start of the 6:05 p.m. game. Following the action, stick around for the final postgame fireworks show of the season. After the fireworks, all kids will be invited down on the field to run the bases as part of H-E-B Kids Day.
The last game of the 2016 season is set for Monday, September 5 at 12:05 p.m. and will feature the final installment of $1 hot dogs and sodas thanks to Mrs Baird’s. Following the game, all fans are invited to come on the field and run the bases before we close the books on another great season.
Below are highlights and promotions for each contest of the eight-game homestand.
Friday, September 2 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals)
- 50/50 Raffle benefiting Jana’s House – Purchase tickets from volunteers at home plate for your chance to win half the pot! Half the proceeds will go to one lucky fan and the other half will go towards building a home in Zambia for orphaned children in honor of Jana Almendarez.
- Justin Timberlake-themed Bud Light Friday Fireworks light up the ballpark for the second-to-last time this year!
Saturday, September 3 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Shirt-Off-Their-Back Night – Fans will have the chance to win a jersey right off the back of a player or coach by purchasing raffle tickets throughout the game. All proceeds from the raffle benefit Jana’s House.
Sunday, September 4 | 6:05 p.m. | Express vs. Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Our final H-E-B Kids Day features activities outside the gates and postgame Kids Run the Bases.
- Fan Appreciation Night – We tip our hats to the best fans in baseball – YOU! Be sure to get to the ballpark early as some of your favorite Express players and coaches will be at the gate for autographs and photos.
Monday, September 5 | 12:05 p.m. | Express vs. Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals)
- It’s the final game of the regular season and the last $1 hot dog and soda Monday thanks to Mrs Baird’s!
Express games are broadcast on the Austin Radio Network and steamed live online atwww.hornfm.com.
Single game tickets are available along with season ticket packages and group discounts. For more information on the Express, visit www.RoundRockExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255.