More than 500 families brought their little conductors to Downtown Round Rock on Thursday, Dec. 3, for Round Rock Arts Tinsel-Tastic First Thursday event, which featured the Austin Tinplate Tracker Society’s model train exhibit at ArtSpace. The Tinplate Trackers create a wonderland of carnivals, woodland forests, and 1950s throw back soda shops with nostalgic model train engines and train cars.
The event included:
- $5 donation to be a conductor and operate a model train with a remote control was offered
- Free rides on the Express Kids Train
- Santa and Mrs. Claus showed up and took toy orders
- Round Rock businesses such as Svante’s, Mambo House and Lucky Dog Chicago Style Grill donated treats and samples
- Members of the Round Rock Community Choir sang holiday tunes
- Original illustration from local artist were displayed on the walls at ArtSpace.
The Model Train exhibit is running 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays in ArtSpace, 231 E Main St., until Jan. 2. Admission is free, donations are accepted.