The Library Programming is nearing completion. During the programming phase, invitations were sent out inviting citizens to attend focus groups. The groups held were: Downtown Neighborhood Association, Teens, Business Leaders, Care Givers of Children, and Friends of the Library and Program Partners. Participants voted on elements to be included in the design of the new Library. The top-ranking items are:
- Study Rooms (accommodating one to six people)
- A Window Lounge (allowing natural light for reading or study)
- Dedicated Children’s Story Room
- Early Learning
- Quiet Study (including outside seating)
- Classrooms (for larger group instruction or meetings)
The PGAL design team is finalizing the programming documents. Early stages of conceptual design for the building and site layout have begun. The conceptual design is part of the next phase in the design process referred to as Schematic Design. Schematic Design is currently scheduled to be a four-month process.