The City of Round Rock took home eight awards for communications and marketing last week at the City-County Communications and Marketing Association (3CMA) annual conference in St. Louis, Mo.
Round Rock received three first place awards, one second place and three third place awards in the Savvy Awards competition, which honors excellence in local government communications. The City also won the coveted Diamond Award, which recognizes the “best of the best” among award recipients, for its Storm Stories multimedia series.
1st Place Awards
- Video – One-Time Special Programming (pop. 81,000 – 150,000) for Future-Focused Budget Video
- Digital Interactive – COVID-19 PR Campaign (pop. 100,000 – 250,000) for Hometown Messaging During COVID-19
- Digital Interactive – Other Media for Storm Stories
2nd Place Awards
- Video – Promotional Video (pop. 49,000 – 130,000) for “This is what we signed up for”
3rd Place Awards
- Video – Regularly Scheduled Programming (81,000 and Up) for Street Cred
- Photography – Multi-Image Use for Picture Perfect Parks
- Marketing and Tools – Best Use of Humor for Online Reporting with Matthew MahKindaguy
The Savvy Awards competition recognizes outstanding local government achievements in communications, public-sector marketing and citizen-government relationships. The Savvies salute skilled and effective city, county, agency or district professionals who have creatively planned and carried out successful innovations in communications and marketing
Follow the City of Round Rock’s award-winning communications efforts on our social media channels: