The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) will hold an open house on Thursday, Aug. 23 to discuss proposed improvements to the U.S. 79 corridor, from I-35 to east of FM 1460 (A.W. Grimes) in Round Rock.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility, and accommodate future population growth and development in the area. The proposed improvements currently include:
- Widening the existing U.S. 79 facility to include an additional travel lane in each direction
- A raised median for safety
- Intersection improvements (potentially including overpasses at U.S. 79/North Mays Street and U.S. 79/FM 1460 and alterations to the U.S. 79/I-35 intersection)
- Modifications to driveways and access points to improve safety and traffic flow
- Shared-use paths on both sides of U.S. 79 to provide improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
The open house will provide project details and updates, present proposed schematics and alternatives, and collect input from the community. Maps, drawings and project information will be on display and project team members will be available to answer questions. A previous open house was held Sept. 28, 2017, to share more preliminary project information and gather community input.
PFC Robert P. Hernandez Middle School Cafeteria
1901 Sunrise Rd.
Thursday, Aug. 23
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.