The Quarry

7 things you need to know about your property taxes

worcesterherald.comDecember is when most of us pay our property taxes, so we went to the Williamson County Tax Assessor-Collector — which handles City property tax payments — for the 411 on what folks need to know. Their Round Rock office is at 1801 Old Settlers Blvd., Suite 115.

1. When is my Property Tax payment due?

2015 property taxes must be paid in full on or before Monday, Feb. 2, 2016 to avoid penalty and interest.

2. I have an escrow account with my mortgage company; will you send them the bill?

Tax statements are mailed to the property owner of record unless we receive a written request from your mortgage company to send the statement to them. This request must be made prior to the tax statements being mailed. If you receive your tax statement and your taxes are included in your mortgage please forward the statement to your mortgage company. If you did not receive a tax statement by the middle of November, please contact the Tax Assessor’s office at 512-943-1603 to have a copy mailed to you.  You may also go to the online link at Tax Statement to download a copy of your statement.

3. Can payment arrangements be made for my delinquent taxes?

Prior to July 1, our office will accept partial payments on any delinquent accounts without formal payment arrangements however penalty and interest still apply. On July 1, all delinquent accounts are turned over to our attorneys for collection. You can contact them at 512-943-1645 for payment agreements.

4. What are the qualifications to make quarter payment installments?

In order to qualify to pay your taxes in four installments, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Sec. 31.031 of the Property Tax Code allows individuals who are disabled or at least 65 years of age and qualify for a homestead exemption to choose an installment payment option on the property in which the homestead is claimed.
  • If you recently filed for any of the exemptions listed above and it is not noted on your tax statement, you will need to contact our office at (512)943-1603 to see if you are eligible for the installment payment option.
  • A signature is no longer needed to sign up for the installment plan.
  • The first installment payment must be received or postmarked by the United States Postal Service no later than January 31st to activate the installment plan.  If your payment is not received by the required date or postmark you will not be eligible for the installment plan. At this time you will be responsible for full payment of the bill by January 31 to avoid any accrual of penalties, interest and collection fees.
  • To ensure your payment is processed accurately, please provide the property address or quick ref ID on the check or a spate attachment.

5. Who do I make my check out to?

Checks are made payable to Deborah M. Hunt, CTA.

6. I have several properties that I need to pay; can I include a single check for all of them?

Yes, but please include the property identification numbers to ensure they are applied correctly. Property identification numbers will start with either a R, P or M followed by 6 digits.

7. My home was appraised too high; how can I file a protest?

You will need to file your protest in the appraisal district of the county you reside. For Williamson Central Appraisal District call 512-930-3787 or visit their office at at 625 FM 1460, Georgetown. For the Travis Central Appraisal District call 512-834-9317 or visit their website.

Scroll to Top