City crews remain active in recovery efforts from the recent thunderstorms. The greatest issue was the heavy rain – just under 5 inches reported at City Hall on Memorial Day and one inch early Friday, May 29 – over a widespread portion of the watershed. The combination of significant localized downpours as well as broad runoff at the same time temporarily overwhelmed drainage systems.
It is worth noting that all infrastructure constructed using current City drainage guidelines performed well.
Here is the status report from the City, as of 9 a.m. Friday, May 29:
Roads that are closed
- Lee Street in Memorial Park
- Park Lane in Lake Creek Park – significant portions of the road have been washed away. Will remain closed until we can plan and execute reconstruction.
- Twin Ridge Parkway at Forest Creek Drive
- 1525 E. Palm Valley Blvd. — the water is over the low water crossing driveway to The Creek Apartments
Homes were flooded at seven locations both inside and just outside the City limits. Streets where homes flooded (and the estimated number of homes impacted) are:
- Saint Williams Loop (1-3)
- Meandering Way (1-6)
- Meadows Drive (1-4)
- Lake Creek Circle (2 duplexes)
- 900 block of Morning View Place
- 1200 block of Cushing Drive (duplex)
- Applegate Circle
The only commercial structure we are aware of with flooding is the Jack Brown Cleaners at Gattis School and Greenlawn Boulevard.
- The ponds at Settlement (Meadow Lake), and Old Settlers Park are full and experienced runoff over the spillways.
- Concrete ditch lining at Nicole Circle was damaged or destroyed.
- A tree fell over the Brushy Creek East Trail, just east of Collingwood Drive.
Roads that have reopened
- Nash Street
- Old Bowman
- Bowman Road
- Kenney Fort Boulevard under U.S. 79
- Chisholm Trail (at the round rock) has been cleared and reopened at 2 p.m.Tuesday
- Harrell Parkway in Old Settlers Park
There were 16 other locations where we noted water was over the road:
- Greenlawn at Gattis School Road
- Oakridge Drive
- Deepwood Drive
- Round Rock West
- Harrell Parkway (two locations)
- Oxford Boulevard
- Meandering Way
- Park Lane
- Old Settlers Blvd (multiple locations)
- Old Bowman
- Red Bud Lane at U.S. 79
- A.W. Grimes Boulevard at U.S. 79
- Kenny Fort Blvd. at U.S. 79 and just south of U.S. 79
- Wagon Gap
- Frontier Trail
- Purple Sage