The Round Rock Public Library is hosting a family Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest that begins on Wednesday, October 25, 2023. Families are invited to decorate a pumpkin, artificial pumpkin, or gourd as a book character or with a literary theme and drop it off at the Round Rock Public Library youth reference desk from Wednesday, October 25, 2023, at 9:00 am – Monday, October 30, 2023, at 1:00 pm.
Teen Advisory Board members will vote for their favorite pumpkins and choose the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners on Monday, October 30, 2023. Winners will be notified by the end of the day on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, and will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card!
- One pumpkin entry per family may be entered into the contest. Pumpkin submissions must be based on a book and/or book character.
- The library cannot accept carved pumpkin submissions. Only painted and/or decorated whole pumpkin submissions may be entered into the contest.
- Submissions will not be accepted before Wednesday, October 25, 2023, at 9:00 am.
- All contest submissions must be accompanied by a pumpkin entry form.
- Contest submissions must be turned in to library staff by Monday, October 30, 2023, at 1:00 pm. Late pumpkin submissions will not be accepted.
- Winning families will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card: 1st place $30, 2nd place $20, and 3rd place $10.
- The Teen Advisory Board will choose the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place pumpkins on Monday, October 30, 2023. Winners will be notified by the end of the day on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
- All pumpkins must be picked up on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 8:00 pm. Pumpkins that are not picked up by this time will be disposed of.
For more information, please contact the Children’s Desk, 512-218-7002.