The Round Rock Fire Department is now hiring cadets! A career in public service can be one of the most rewarding paths for your future, and the Fire Department has opened its first ever in-house “green” academy to train the right candidates for the job, even if they don’t have prior firefighter experience or education.
The current application process for firefighter cadet will run through Aug. 26. The application process takes approximately 13 weeks.
Pay is $48,786.19 annually during academy and $57,408.42 annually upon graduation, with the possibility of additional certification, education and assignment pays.
In order to apply, candidates must meet the following initial requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age to take the written exam and may not be thirty-six 36 years of age or older at the start of employment
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, an appropriate valid Texas drivers’ license and possess a driving record which meets current City auto liability insurance requirements
- Prior military service, must have concluded with an honorable discharge and requires form DD-214 for verification
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- May be certified in any or none of the following: Firefighter, EMT and/or Paramedic, but cannot hold a paid firefighter position at the time of application or at the time a conditional job offer is made