On Thursday, April 27, Round Rock City Council passed amendments to the City’s drought restriction ordinance to further encourage water conservation, even when drought restrictions are not in place.
The changes include:
- Additional language encouraging residents to always voluntarily follow the maximum twice-per-week watering schedule required that are in effect under Stage 1 drought restrictions, even when drought restrictions are not in effect.
- Changing the scheduled watering times from midnight to 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. to midnight on the designated watering days. Previously, the ordinance allowed for watering until noon under drought restrictions.
- Removed language encouraging water conservation during peak water use periods, from May 1 to Oct. 31 of each year, and added language encouraging water conservation at all times.
- Lowering the supply-based triggers for Stage I and II for Lake Georgetown Reservoir elevation, which will trigger restriction sooner based on the level of Lake Georgetown.
- Adding the combined storage volume in acre-feet for Lake Buchanan and Lake Travis in the Drought Contingency Plan for which the Lower Colorado River Authority will issue reductions in take by their water right holders.
The City of Round Rock has been under Stage 1 Drought Restrictions since June 2022. Restrictions for Stage 1 establish a maximum of two watering days per week for all Round Rock water customers. This includes residents living in Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) that are wholesale customers of the City of Round Rock. The schedule is based on the last digit of your home or property address:
|If your address ends in…
|Allowed Watering Days under Stage 1 Drought Restrictions
|4 or 8
|Sunday and/or Thursday
|0 or 3
|Monday and/or Thursday
|2, 6 or 7
|Tuesday and/or Friday
|1, 5 or 9
|Wednesday and/or Saturday
Learn more about water usage, events and resources at roundrocktexas.gov/water.
The following videos include step-by-step instructions showing how you can change your irrigation system to fall within the outdoor watering schedule: