In honor of #Dinovember (and we highly recommend you click that link before proceeding), we’ve asked our local dinosaur friends to help us count down the reasons why the Round Rock Public Library is so valuable to our community. (Just don’t tell them Round Rock High School’s mascot is the dragon!)
- The Library offers “dino-mic” programming for all ages — from infants to entrepreneurs. Check out our online calendar to find out what’s happening this month at the Library.
- The dinosaurs try to lend a hand at the library, but our volunteers have it under control! Last year, our volunteers logged 8,025 hours. They do a range of tasks — from checking in materials to mending books to teaching computer classes.
- The Library has more than 225,000 items to check out. In addition to books and DVDs, we have a host of non-traditional items including Google Chromebooks, Raspberry Pi kits and Playaway Launchpad tablets.
- Not sure if dinosaurs had friends, but the Library does! Thanks to the support of the Friends of the Round Rock Public Library, we are able to organize special events and programs, update library furniture and shelving and much more. Support the Friends by shopping at the Book Nook at the Library, where you can find great deals on used books, DVDs and CDs!
- The thought of not having access to the library collection 24/7 is so Jurassic! With a library card, you can access our databases, eBooks and eAudiobooks on your computer or mobile device at any time.
- The Library works with many partners, including the Literacy Council of Williamson County, TechShop and the Round Rock Area Serving Center, to enhance the lives of our community members. The dinosaurs’ favorite partner was the Paleontological Society of Austin who recently visited the Library’s Rockin’ Kids Club, an afterschool program for elementary-aged students.
- The dinosaurs would like to take credit for the high level of customer service at the Library, but that honor is reserved for our staff! Our knowledgeable and friendly staff do everything from ordering books and other materials to answering reference questions. Come by and meet us! Unlike our dinosaur friends, we don’t bite!