RRTX WiFi, the city’s free, high-speed wireless service, continues to grow. And, boy howdy, is it popular.
In 2015, more than 21 terabytes of data were downloaded by folks using the service at one of the now seven locations where it is available.
Here are some more fun facts about the service:
- Residents and visitor spent 1,392,386 hours on RRTX WiFi in fiscal 2015.
- The two most heavily utilized sites are the Library and Round Rock Sports Center
- August was the busiest month last fiscal year, with 2.3 terabytes of data use
- The funniest fact of all: We don’t have to pay more to offer the service — the public use is heaviest nights and weekends, when our need to utilize internet access for City business is low
We offer the service at the following locations:
- City Hall
- The Robert and Helen Griffith Public Library
- Prete Main Street Plaza
- Centennial Plaza
- Play for All Park and the Rabb House
- Clay Madsen Recreation Center
- Baca Center for Community and Senior Activities