Local golfers, City officials and Kemper Sports representatives celebrated the “reboot” of Forest Creek Golf Course at a celebratory event Thursday, Sept. 20. The course officially opened for public play on Oct. 1.
The course has been closed since December 2017 for an ambitious improvement plan that further highlights the natural beauty of the Hill Country and improves playability and the conditioning of the golf course by implementing industry-leading technology and construction practices.
The $5.1 million renovation project includes:
- Rebuilding all 18 greens, practice putting green and chipping green to USGA specifications
- Creation of optional 19th hole
- Complete renovation of the driving range, including new tee area, range lighting, netting regrading, target greens and sand traps
- Reconstruction of all bunkers throughout the golf course
- Improved drainage in low lying areas of the course
- Installation of new course irrigation system
- Replacement and renovation of bridges and other infrastructure
Other upgrades include seeding TifEagle Bermuda grass on greens and adding more forward tees for women and seniors.
For more information about Forest Creek Golf Club, visit forestcreek.com.