Multiple City departments and facilities, including Round Rock Parks and Recreation, the Round Rock Public Library and the Round Rock Sports Center, are offering virtual programming as COVID-19 has prompted the physical closure of many City buildings to the public and the cancellations of countless events.
All virtual programming provided by the City is streamed and/or posted to department-specific Facebook pages or held via video conferencing technology.
Parks and Recreation
- Make It Monday: Clay Madsen Recreation Center (CMRC) and Baca Community Center crafts and fun activities for families to do at home
- How-To Tuesday: Try something new at home with CMRC programming staff
- Wellness Wednesday: Workout videos for residents to train at home with CMRC trainers
- Thank You Thursday: Weekly videos featuring residents, department staff and local businesses who are doing great things in our community during this challenging time
- Fifty Plus Friday: Workouts and other activities with Baca Center trainers geared toward residents age 50-plus
- Showcase Saturday: Weekly videos or pictures featuring virtual trail tours and other scenic locations in Round Rock designed to bring nature to residents while they’re at home
- Sunday Fun Day: Series featuring things families can do together at home, on our local trail system or in park open spaces
Round Rock Public Library
Be sure to visit the Library’s calendar for information on virtual events and things you can do at home, including writing contests, virtual book clubs, resume reviews and more! Don’t miss these recurring events on Facebook for little ones:
- Pre-K Pause and Play, 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays: Jane and Ms. Andrea say hello, share a fun activity and invite kids to respond in a short video. Each session will have new content.
- Babytime Buzz, 10:30 a.m. Thursdays: Virginia will check in with the Babytime parents and share an activity.
Round Rock Sports Center
- Virtual Basketball Training, 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays: Virtual basketball training designed primarily for those age 7-15.
Stay tuned to official City of Round Rock social media channels for more opportunities to engage with new virtual programming as it continues to become available.