Round Rock residents are invited to attend a Trails Open House hosted by the Parks and Recreation Department from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 9, at the Baca Center Grand Room. Residents will be able to provide input on upcoming projects and get a sneak peek at upcoming trail developments and improvements.
Trails Open House Projects include:
Lake Creek Trail – Round Rock West Park to Centennial Plaza Concrete trail
- Connecting Round Rock West neighborhood to Downtown Round Rock
- Trial goes under I-35 and under the railroad
Brushy Creek Trail – Georgetown Street to A.W. Grimes Boulevard
- Concrete Trail
- Trail head at Georgetown St and A.W. Grimes Boulevard
- Connects to Brushy Creek Regional Trail by going under A.W. Grimes Boulevard
- Will continue under Georgetown St. to connect to future Heritage Trail East
Heritage Trail West
- Connects Chisholm Trail Road to Mays Street
- Will continue under Mays St. to connect to future Heritage Trail East
- Trail heads at future Bathing Beach park, Memorial Park, Mays Street
Round Rock currently has approximately 18 miles of hike and bike trails, with several more miles in the planning stages. We are continuously working to link the trail segments together to provide more connectivity for residents.
For more information about trails, visit roundrocktexas.gov/trails.