Special thanks to Round Rock ISD extern Caitlin Osborne for contributing this blog post!
Whether the forecast calls for high temps or rainy days, we have you covered with the top ten (plus three!) things to do this summer in Round Rock.
- Walk along Brushy Creek’s shaded path in Memorial Park and follow the trail to view our famous rock.
- Join in on free, fun activities and reading challenges for all ages with Round Rock Public Library’s Summer Reading Program, or learn a new skill by attending a class or workshop.
- Listen to live music on Round Rock’s first downtown rooftop lounge at Urban.
- Watch nearly a half-million Mexican free-tailed bats take flight at dusk from the McNeil bridge along I-35. Free parking in the NAPA Auto Parts parking lot, 601 S. I-35.
- Bring the kids to the Play for All Park to experience the newest features, including all-new playground equipment, a zip line and a “speedway” for bikes and scooters.
- Encounter Shakespeare under the stars during the final week of Summer Theater in the Park.
- Splash around in one of Rock’N River Water Park’s newest attractions. Twilight admission is half off from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Take yourself out to the ballgame and watch Round Rock’s favorite home team, the Express. Don’t miss upcoming promotions such as Stranger Things Night, Friday Fireworks and Superhero Night.
- Experience Latin vibes with free salsa classes at Rockey’s Piano Bar, every Sunday at 7:30 p.m. through July 30.
- Adults age 50 and over can explore various locations within a three-hour radius by taking a day trip with the Allen R. Baca Center.
- Get your om on in Downtown Round Rock with a free, beginner-friendly yoga class presented by The Yoga Room. Dates are Aug. 11 and Sept. 8.
- While you’re on Main Street, cool off and splash around in the Prete Plaza Fountain.
- Compete in a co-ed kickball league. Learn more about leagues for all ages at roundrockrecreation.com.