Waste, and how we choose to handle it, greatly affects our environment, our quality of life, and our country’s future. We offer a variety of services to help residents Put Waste in it’s Place.
- Garbage is collected once per week and recycling every other week on the same day.
- Collection occurs 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. If services are not performed by 6:30 p.m., please contact Round Rock Refuse.
- Carts may be placed curbside starting at 7 a.m. the day before collection and removed by 7 p.m. the day after.
- Position carts with wheels against the curb.
- The cart and up to 7 additional items may be placed at the curb (including bundled brush and bagged leaves and grass clippings)
- Each item must be less than 40 pounds and no larger than 4′ x 4′ x 4′. For larger items, contact Round Rock Refuse to schedule a pick-up (fees apply).
- Brush must be bundled or contained in cart with lid closed (note this brush is not recycled). For Brush Recycling, please call the PARD Main Office at 512-218-5540.
There is no collection on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. Collection will occur the following day and be pushed back one day for the remainder of that week. For example, if Christmas falls on a Monday, there will be no collection that Monday, and collection for the remainder of the week will be pushed back one day.
Disposing of Automotive Waste
City of Round Rock offers disposal options for the following residential automotive waste:
We can accept five gallons or less at the Recycling Center. The gasoline must be in an approved gas container (not in milk or other plastic jugs) and must be handed directly to the attendant on site. Include your name and phone number on the container so it can be returned to you.
Antifreeze, Brake/Transmission/Power Steering Fluid, Car Batteries, and Oil Filters are also accepted at the Recycling Center.
Commercial Garbage and Recycling
The following information is provided by the City of Round Rock’s Environmental Services Department to assist commercial residents in their recycling efforts. The City of Round Rock assumes no responsibility for the individuals and/or organizations listed and makes no recommendations or approvals.
Please note that the City of Round Rock does not manage these programs.
Non-Hazardous Materials Recycling and Solid Waste Management
Central Texas Refuse
(512) 243-2833 or (800) 664-2833
Central Waste and Recycling
Texas Disposal Systems
Progressive Waste Solutions Austin
Waste Management / Longhorn Disposal
Used Motor Oil, Commercial
Fuel Blenders – (512) 365-1920
H&H Waste Oil – (512) 990-1823
Midstate Oil – (866) 387-2171
Lakin Tire West of Colorado
510 E. 51st Ave.
Denver, CO 80216
Tel: (800) 488-2752