Waste, and how we choose to handle it, greatly affects our environment, our quality of life, and our country’s future. We offer a variety of services to help residents Put Waste in its Place.
Curbside Garbage and Recycling
- Garbage is collected once per week and recycling every other week on the same day.
- Collection occurs 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. If services are not performed by 6:30 p.m., please contact Central Texas Refuse.
- Carts may be curbside starting at 7 a.m. the day before collection and removed by 7 p.m. the day after.
- Position carts with wheels against the curb.
Residents are provided a brown cart for all household refuse other than recyclables and unacceptable waste.
- The cart and up to 7 additional items may be placed at the curb (including bundled brush and bagged leaves and grass clippings)
- Each item must be less than 40 pounds and no larger than 4′ x 4′ x 4′. For larger items, please contact Central Texas Refuse.
- Brush must be bundled or contained in cart with lid closed (note this brush is not recycled).
- Any item larger than 4′ x 4′ or over 40 pounds
- Batteries – all types
- Compressed gases
- Construction debris
- Dirt / Rock
- Electronic devices
- Hazardous chemicals – (see HHW)
- Loose brush, limbs, yard debris
- Propane tanks
- Stone / Masonry
- Wood / Lumber
There is no collection on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. Collection will occur the following day and be pushed back one day for the remainder of that week. For example, if Christmas falls on a Monday, there will be no collection that Monday, and collection for the remainder of the week will be pushed back one day.
Disposing of Automotive Waste
City of Round Rock offers disposal options for the following residential automotive waste:
We can accept five gallons or less at the Recycling Center. The gasoline must be in an approved gas container (not in milk or other plastic jugs) and must be handed directly to the attendant on site.
Antifreeze, Brake/Transmission/Power Steering Fluid, Car Batteries, and Oil Filters are also accepted at the Recycling Center.
The new established rates for commercial services with Central Texas Refuse are as follows.