Waste, and how we choose to handle it, greatly affects our environment, our quality of life, and our country’s future. We offer a variety of services to help residents Put Waste in its Place.
Curbside Garbage and Recycling
Garbage is collected once per week and recycling every other week on the same day between 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. If services are not performed by 6:30 p.m., please contact Central Texas Refuse.
Please note the brown cart and items outside of your cart may be picked up at different times on your collection day. In many areas, an automated side loader (ASL) truck empties the brown cart and a separate rear-load truck picks up items outside of the cart between 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. the same day. Both services will be completed by 6:30 p.m. on your collection day. If after 6:30 p.m. services are not performed, please contact Central Texas Refuse.
Residents are provided a brown cart for all household refuse other than recyclables and unacceptable waste.
- Carts may be curbside starting at 7 a.m. the day before collection and removed by 7 p.m. the day after.
- Position carts with wheels against the curb.
- The cart and up to 7 additional items may be placed at the curb (including bundled brush and bagged leaves and grass clippings)
- Each item must be less than 40 pounds and no larger than 4′ x 4′ x 4′. For larger items, please contact Central Texas Refuse.
- Brush must be bundled or contained in cart with lid closed (note this brush is not recycled).
- Any item larger than 4′ x 4′ or over 40 pounds
- Batteries – all types
- Compressed gases
- Construction debris
- Dirt / Rock
- Electronic devices
- Hazardous chemicals – (see HHW)
- Loose brush, limbs, yard debris
- Propane tanks
- Stone / Masonry
- Wood / Lumber
There is no collection on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. Collection will occur the following day and be pushed back one day for the remainder of that week. For example, if Christmas falls on a Monday, there will be no collection that Monday, and collection for the remainder of the week will be pushed back one day.
Disposing of Automotive Waste
City of Round Rock offers disposal options for the following residential automotive waste:
We can accept five gallons or less at the Recycling Center. The gasoline must be in an approved gas container (not in milk or other plastic jugs) and must be handed directly to the attendant on site.
Antifreeze, Brake/Transmission/Power Steering Fluid, Car Batteries, and Oil Filters are also accepted at the Recycling Center.
Commercial Garbage and Recycling
The City of Round Rock transitioned to a single provider refuse collection program. All commercial garbage and recycling collection services are now performed by Central Texas Refuse (CTR).
Central Texas Refuse
The new established rates for commercial services with Central Texas Refuse are as follows.
Used Motor Oil, Commercial
Fuel Blenders – 512-365-1920
H&H Waste Oil – 512-990-1823
Midstate Oil – 866-387-2171
Lakin Tire West of Colorado
510 E. 51st Ave.
Denver, CO 80216