Round Rock City Council approved improvements at several recreational facilities and parks at its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, June 27.
Upcoming improvements include:
- The replacement of Frontier Park’s aging tennis lighting system with updated energy-efficient LED units in conjunction with the Frontier Park improvement project.
- Repairs to the 12-year-old Shaylah Dame Skatepark at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center, which will include repairing damaged or worn concrete and handrails.
- Replacement of trails on the Round Rock West Greenbelt and portions of the Behrens Ranch Greenbelt. The Round Rock West Greenbelt, which is currently an asphalt trail, will be replaced with concrete to last longer. Behrens Ranch Greenbelt, which is a decomposed granite trail, will be replaced with concrete in portions that experience washout, on the westside of the trail located north and south of Behrens Parkway.
- Improvements to the Rabb Pavilion in Old Settlers Park, including installing a new pavilion, an accessible cricket batting cage, improved parking lot, concrete sidewalk, infrastructure for a future restroom, irrigation and various other improvements.
- Creation of a new fitness area with shade structure at Clay Madsen Recreation Center to replace the facility’s under-utilized pool deck. The new fitness area will host high-intensity interval training and suspension training.