Alcoholic Beverage Permits

The sale of beer, wine and mixed beverages is permitted within the city limits of Round Rock. To verify that your location is inside the city limits of Round Rock, please visit City View

The City of Round Rock Code prohibits the sale of alcohol within 300 feet of a public or private school, measured from property line to property line. And of a public hospital or church, measured from door to door. Please review Alcoholic Beverage Code 109.33 for more information on sales near schools, churches, or hospitals.

Obtaining a TABC Permit

  • Please visit the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) website to apply online through the the AIMS system, or download a pre-qualification packet.
  • To obtain City Clerk signature on a pre-qualification packet, you may submit it by any of the following methods:
      • Email a PDF of the packet to or  It will be electronically signed and returned to you via e-mail.
      • Come in person to City Hall, 221 E. Main Street, 3rd floor (Please call or email in advance to ensure we will be able to accommodate you at that time).
      • Mail the packet to: City of Round Rock, Attn:  City Clerk’s Office, 221 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas 78664.
        Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the application to be returned to you.
  • There is no fee for the City Clerk to sign the application.

**As of September 1, 2023 the City of Round Rock does not require a local alcohol permit/license. We will continue to certify and sign off on state applications. 

The sale of alcohol is permitted from midnight to 2:00 a.m. – for those establishments holding a mixed beverage permit or an on-premise beer or on-premise wine permit as well as the required late hours permit.  All late hour permits are issued by the TABC with applications being approved by the City Clerk’s office.

Complaints regarding an establishment must be made to the TABC and not the City Clerk’s office.  The City of Round Rock does not regulate establishments regarding the sale of alcohol.

For questions regarding Alcoholic Beverage Permits, please contact the City Clerk‘s Office at (512) 218-5404 or (512)-218-2007.

Scroll to Top