Outdoor Music Venue Permit

Outdoor Music Venue Permit

Effective April 15, 2018, per Section 14-213.2 of the Round Rock Code of Ordinances (2018 Edition) anyone located in the MU-1 area of downtown Round Rock must obtain an outdoor music venue permit in order to play any amplified sound on their property. 

A permit is good for one year and must be reapplied for every year.   The permit allows an outdoor music venue to play amplified music (within the prescribed decibel level) between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and between 10:00 a.m. and midnight on Friday and Saturday. 

An outdoor music venue must display their amplified sound permit inside their business so that it is visible to the general public.

To apply for a permit you must bring the following items to the City Clerk’s office:

Once an application is received, the Police Chief will review it and inspect the venue if necessary in order to approve or deny the application.  Applicants will be notified the next business day if their permit has been approved or denied.  If an application is submitted after noon on a Friday, review will not be done until the following Monday and notification made on the next business day.

Applicants can pick up approved permits at the City Clerk’s office or have the permit mailed to them.   Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (512) 218-5404 with any questions.

Scroll to Top