NEW UTILITY BILLING ACCOUNT NUMBER
Please enter your old account number to view your new account number
The City of Round Rock is committed to providing you with efficient and effective services. That’s why we are currently transitioning to a new Utility Billing system. Debit and credit card payments no longer require a transaction fee, and we’re working on some great tools to help you better manage and pay for your utilities. Our new customer portal remains under construction at RRTXWater.com.
Below is a breakdown of how you can pay your Round Rock utility bills with the new system. To pay via phone or online banking, you will need your new account number to complete the transaction. If you received your current bill before March 6, you can use your previous account number above to obtain your new number, or call Utility Billing at 512-218-5460 during normal business hours. If you received your current bill after March 6, your new account number will be located at the top of your bill. Please note that you may experience extended hold times by calling during times when there is a large volume of calls.
- Phone – Call the toll-free number at 1-855-894-2392. There is no longer a transaction fee for paying with a credit or debit card.
- Direct Bank Draft – These payments will continue to be processed.
- Online Banking – Customers will be issued a new account number that will need to be used to update their online bill pay.
- 24 Hour Deposit Boxes – Located by the corner of Bagdad Avenue and Sheppard Street at City Hall, 221 E. Main Street. Check or money orders only. NOTE: The staffed drive-through window will close permanently at 5 p.m. March 30.
- Lobby or Walk-in – Located at City Hall, 221 E. Main Street, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cash payments are accepted.
- Regular Mail – Mail to Utility Billing, 221 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas, 78664
- Online Payment – A new customer portal is currently under construction at RRTXWater.com. Residents paying with a credit or debit card can use the City’s toll-free number at 1-855-894-2392 until the new website launches. There is no longer be a transaction fee for paying with a credit or debit card.
- Credit/Debit Card Auto-Pay – Current auto-pay customers can set up a new auto-pay account once the new website launches.
FAQs about the new system:
Will I have a late fee or will my service be disconnected if I encounter problems with my payment method due to this transition?
Will there be a transaction fee for paying with a credit or debit card after the new system launches?
Will my account number change with the implementation of the new billing system?
What if I have a question about my payment method or changes in billing that is not answered here?
All of the information you need to know when moving to Round Rock is included in the New Resident Guide. The water, wastewater (sewer), drainage utility, garbage and recycling collection services are provided through the City. You can apply for these services online starting March 6 at RRTXWater.com, or before March 6 by calling 512-218-6688. The gas and electric providers are listed below.
|Water, Wastewater, Garbage and Recycling||City of Round Rock||512-218-5460|
|Oncor* Power to Choose||1-866-797-4839|
* Oncor delivers the electricity. Residents choose which provider the services are billed through.
Want to know what you’re paying for? Watch this quick video about the water service a typical residential water bill covers, and the costs of delivering a consistent, reliable flow of safe and affordable drinking water to your faucet.