Unclaimed Property

The City of Round Rock is attempting to locate the rightful owners of unclaimed property. The unclaimed property may be the result of a check being returned as undeliverable or a check that has not been cashed after a certain length of time. Some examples of money that can become abandoned are:

  • Payroll checks
  • Vendor checks
  • Overpayments
  • Refund checks

The City of Round Rock is currently holding property valued at $100 or less and is presumed abandoned subject to Chapter 76 of the Texas Property Code. In accordance with State Law, the City annually sends any amount over $100 to the State Comptroller where it is held until claimed.

It’s your money. If the City of Round Rock is holding property belonging to you, the City’s Finance Department wants to help you get your property back.

Steps to Claim Your Property

Search for your name or the name of your business in the unclaimed property listing.

If a property is identified through your search, download and complete the appropriate claim form listed below.

  • If you are the original individual property owner: Individual Claim Form – (PDF)
  • If you are a business property owner: Business Claim Form – (PDF)
  • If you are claiming on someone else’s behalf: General Claim Form – (PDF)
  • Please check the form to ensure the following have been provided:
    • The claim form is completed, as requested on every line
    • Copies of identification and proof of ownership as outlined on the form are attached
    • The claim form is signed with your full signature

Submit the completed claim form and supporting documentation to the City of Round Rock at _unclaimedproperty@roundrocktexas.gov or by mail or in person to the address listed below.

City of Round Rock
Finance Department
Attn: Unclaimed Property
221 East Main Street
Round Rock, TX 78664

The City’s Finance Department will review all claims submitted and may:

  • Accept your claim and remit the property to you
  • Contact you for additional information
  • Deny your claim by notifying you in writing

If you need additional information, call the City’s Finance Department at 512-671-2733, email or write to the claim address listed above.

Frequently Asked Questions

We cannot require you to send us your Social Security Number; however, it might be the only way we can match your name to the unclaimed property. To the extent provided by law, the Social Security Number provided is confidential.

A large majority of the names on our list are from checks that were returned to the City by the post office. Most of these checks are returned utility account deposit refunds that were mailed after the account holder moved and a forwarding address was not provided. Please provide previous addresses, which can assist us in matching the claimant name with our records.  

No commercial or finder fee is charged. However, if you choose to use a commercial service, please   note that Texas law limits the fee by all search firms or investigators that assist owners in locating or claiming property to no more than 10 percent of the amount recovered.

To view the listed claim forms, Adobe Acrobat Reader needs to be installed on your computer. If you do not have this free program, it can be downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/reader/. The City also has paper copies of the form that can be provided upon request by mail or at 221 E. Main Street.

Claims are processed within 30 – 45 days after receipt providing all information and required documentation is submitted with the claim form. If the claim is unable to be matched to the property, a request for additional information or a claim denial letter will be sent by mail.

A claim may be rejected if:
  • The information provided does not match the owner of the property.
  • Incomplete information was provided.
  • The required documents, such as a copy of identification, were not provided.
  • The claim form was not signed.
Scroll to Top