This new program addresses Council’s vision of sense of community within a neighborhood. The City provides a trailer containing everything a neighborhood would need to host a neighborhood block party including tables, chairs, ice chests, games and a sound system. Therefore, the trailer makes it easy to host a block party and the trailer is available for neighborhoods to borrow at no cost.
Opportunities for neighbors to interact and get to know one another are becoming few and far between in today’s on the go atmosphere. However, the block party trailer allows neighborhoods to host a fun, easy event to bring neighbors together.
Block Party Trailer Reservation Information
- The Block Party Trailer is available to reserve for residents of incorporated Round Rock (Sorry no MUD’s or ETJ use at this time).
- The trailer is available year round.
- There is NO charge for the use of the trailer.
- The trailer will be delivered by City staff.
What’s in the Block Party Trailer?
- 6 six foot folding tables
- 4 folding picnic tables
- 32 folding chairs
- 4 ice chests
- 3 water coolers
- A variety of games
- Sound system
- You will be required to complete a Block Party Permit (Email completed applications to: email@example.com or in person at City Hall 221 East Main Street Round Rock, TX 78664) application if you plan to close your street or hold your event in a public park. However, you do NOT need to fill out a permit application if your event will be held on private property (such as your driveway or an HOA park).
- The user of the Block Party Trailer assumes responsibility for the trailer and its contents from the time they receive it until it is picked up by City staff.
- An inventory will be taken when the trailer is returned. Please notify the City of anything that is missing or damaged.
City of Round Rock Neighborhood Coordinator: Katy Price, 512-671-2734 or firstname.lastname@example.org