Many common household products contain chemicals that could easily ignite or explode if not disposed of properly. These toxic chemicals can have adverse effects on people, animals, plants, and fish; therefore, they require special care when being disposed of.
First Wednesdays – 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
(rain or shine)
- Valid driver’s license and
- Residents: Recent City of Round Rock water bill
- Voucher Participants: Valid HHW Voucher
- Non-residents: $40 per car, cash or check payments accepted
Please follow these guidelines to help keep the wait time to a minimum.
- Limit materials to 25 gallons or less
- Keep products in original containers if possible
- Seal containers and label unmarked products
- Do no place items in bags
- Place containers in boxes to prevent spills in your vehicle
- Do not mix or consolidate products
- Items should be easily accessible for staff
- Remain in your vehicle and a member of our staff will assist you.
We accept up to 25 gallons combined of the following:
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive waste – oil, antifreeze, batteries, more
- Cleaning products
- Lawn/garden chemicals – fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides
- Paint (Latex Paint Tip)
- Paint thinner and solvents
- Polishes, lacquer, varnishes
- Pool chemicals
- Smoke detectors
If you are unable to attend the HHW collection and want to arrange an alternate drop-off time, please use our HHW Appointment Form or call 512-218-5554 to schedule the appointment.
- Round Rock Residents: Bring valid driver’s license, recent City water bill, and $20 fee cash or check (no credit/debit cards accepted)
- Voucher Participants: Bring a valid HHW Voucher and $20 fee cash or check (no credit/debit cards accepted)
- Non-residents: Bring $60 fee cash or check (no credit/debit cards accepted)
- Submit the HHW Appointment Form or call 512-218-5554 to schedule the appointment.
Automotive products are accepted from residents daily at the Recycling Center during normal operating hours.
- Brake, transmission, power steering fluid
- Car batteries
- Gasoline *
- Motor oil *
- Oil filters
- Wal-Mart Automotive Center: 512-310-9024
- Discount Tire: 512-341-8593
- NTB National Tire and Battery: 512-238-9523
Williamson County Residents
Williamson County and Waste Management host HHW collection events twice a year for residents of Williamson County. Details at Williamson County HHW.
Got Latex Paint
- Open the can to let the paint dry.
Once the paint is completely dry, you may dispose of it and the can, by placing it next to your garbage cart on your scheduled pick-up day. Please remove the lid from the paint can when placed out for collection.
How much paint do you need?
|1. Determine the total square feet (sq ft) of each area:||Example:|
|For each wall, multiply the height by the width:||10 ft. x 12 ft. = 120 sq ft (one wall)|
|For each ceiling, multiply the length by the width:||15 ft. x 12 ft. = 180 sq ft (one ceiling)|
|2. Add up the total sq ft for all walls and ceilings to be painted:||120 sq ft + 180 sq ft = 300 total sq ft|
|3. Determine gallons needed for one coat (divide total sq ft by 400):||300 sq ft / 400 = .75 gallons|