- Styrofoam recycling – If you can flake it, we can take it! Styrofoam packaging found in furniture boxes, TV boxes, and single-use coolers, also known as Expanded Polystyrene, is now accepted at the Recycling Center.
- Glass is now accepted at the Recycling Center.
- And we’ve consolidated the paper, plastics, glass, and aluminum products – so you don’t have to separate them! That’s right, we’ve simplified recycling!
310 Deepwood Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
(West of Round Rock High School)
Hours of Operation
Accepted at the Recycling Center
Please make sure all the food is removed before recycling.
- Aluminum foil
- Beverage cans and caps
- Foil baking tins
- Pet food cans
- Scrap metal
- Soup and vegetable cans
- No paint cans (see HHW events)
- Brake, transmission, power steering fluid
- Car batteries
- Gasoline *
- Motor oil *
- Oil filters
- No commercial oil
- No tires
- No vehicles
*Note: We can accept up to five (5) gallons of gasoline in an approved gas container (not a milk or other plastic jug) and up to five (5) gallons of oil.
- Beverage packaging
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Packaging (toys, electronics)
- Food boxes (cereal, pasta)
- Paper tubes (paper towel, toilet paper tubes)
- Shipping, moving boxes
- No pizza boxes
- No wax-coated cartons
- Mason jars (remove lid)
- Pasta sauce jars (remove lid)
- Soda and juice bottles
- Wine, beer, liquor, and spirits bottles
Other clear, green, blue, or brown jars and bottles
- No broken glass
- No window glass
- No light bulbs
- No dining ware, ceramics, Pyrex, etc.
- Brochures, flyers
- Catalogs, magazines
- Junk mail, letters, envelopes
- Office paper, folders
- Shredded paper (see Shred for a Paws Cause)
- Paper bags
- Telephone books
- No laminated paper
- No food contaminated items (i.e., paper plates)
“If you can flake it, we can take it”
- Furniture packaging
- TV packaging
- Consumer packaging (toys, electronics)
- Single-use coolers
- No packing peanuts
- No foam sheeting
- No egg crate foam or acoustic foam
- No foam board insulation
- Beverage bottles (water, soda, juice)
- Butter, cream cheese, yogurt tubs (remove foil liner)
- Cooking oil bottles
- Detergent, cleaning bottles
- Milk jugs
- Plastic lids
- Styrofoam egg cartons
Please rinse containers and remove lids.
- No plastic bags (local grocers)
- No plastic wrapping
Disclaimer: Sites are listed for informational purposes only. City of Round Rock does not endorse any of these entities nor their services.
Free Re-Usable Products
Free cleaning products, fertilizers, paint and more!
Before you buy paint, fertilizer, cleaning products, or other common household chemicals, stop by the Re-USE Building at the Recycling Center.
Many products brought to the City’s Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) events, can be reused safely and effectively. These products are made available to the public at no cost, and can be picked up at the Recycling Center during business hours. For liability purposes, a signed waiver will be required before any items can be removed from the site.
Recycling, reusing and reclaiming hazardous waste helps prevent environmental dangers and protect natural resources.
- Cleaning products
- Pool chemicals
- Automotive fluids
- Other common household chemicals
Please do NOT drop off materials. The City conducts monthly HHW Collection Events for residents to bring household chemicals for safe disposal.
Recycling Center (Re-USE Building)
Business Hours: Mon-Sat 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Closed on City holidays)
310 Deepwood Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
Recycling Center Tours
Learn what and how materials are recycled by touring the City’s Recycling Center.
- Recycling center tours are offered for children ages 5 years (kindergarten) and up
- Group size is limited to 20 participants
- Tours are offered Monday through Friday between 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Tours must be scheduled in advance
For questions about the program or to schedule a tour, call 512-218-5554 or email email@example.com.