Current News and Events
- How do you like to use water? Show us in our Imagine a Day Without Water Art Contest!
- Want specific watering advice for your yard? Sign up at Water My Yard.
- New Outdoor Watering Schedule – Find out your watering days.
- Concerned about leaks? Our Household Tips and Free Leak Detection Kit can help!
- *NEW* DIY Water Saving Tool Kit to check out from the library! Full of resources to help you find & fix leaks and reduce your home water use.
- Read The Water Spot blog for more water news, program information, seasonal tips, and more!
Water Footprint Calculator
Do you know HOW MUCH water your household uses and how that compares to other homes? Find out by taking a short, easy quiz on your daily habits to find out how much you use, and tips on how to reduce.
The water conservation program provides free water resources to our residents. Most are available at the Utility Billing Office, located in City Hall, and the main Utility Office at 3400 Sunrise Road.
- Dye tablets to check toilets for leaks
- Bathroom faucet aerators
- Plumber’s tape to fix leaking showerheads and faucets
- Rain gauges
- Publications on rainwater collection, native landscaping, and irrigation system maintenance
- Plumber’s Handbook for easy plumbing repairs to make around the house
*quantities are limited and selection does change periodically.
Outdoor Watering Schedule
The City implemented a new outdoor watering schedule in January 2021. The new watering days are based on the last number of your address and are now spread out over seven days rather than six to better balance water usage throughout the week.
The best time to water is before noon or after 7 p.m. The watering schedule is voluntary unless drought restrictions are in place; however, the City recommends you follow the schedule even when no drought restrictions are in effect.
New Outdoor Watering Schedule (effective 1/29/21)
|Address Ends in||Twice per Week – Stage 1||Once per Week – Stage 2|
|0||Monday / Thursday||Thursday|
|1||Wednesday / Saturday||Wednesday|
|2||Tuesday / Friday||Tuesday|
|3||Monday / Thursday||Monday|
|4 or 8||Sunday / Thursday||Sunday|
|5 or 9||Wednesday / Saturday||Saturday|
|6 or 7||Tuesday / Friday||Friday|
Round Rock is a proud partner and supporter of the following water organizations: