The Recycling Center is the drop-off location for many recyclables, including several that cannot be recycled curbside. The center also hosts Household Hazardous Waste Collections and Shred for a Paws Cause events.
310 Deepwood Drive, Round Rock, TX 78681 (just west of Round Rock High School)
Hours of Operation
Brush recycling is closed on Sunday.
Brush Recycling Center: 512-218-5540
Accepted at the Recycling Center
Aluminum, Tin and Steel Items
(The Recycling Center does not pay for metals dropped off at the center.)
Beverage cans and caps
Foil baking tins
Pet food cans
Soup and vegetable cans
No paint cans (see HHW events)
Hot water heaters
Washers and dryers
No water softeners
Brake, transmission and power steering fluid
Gasoline (see guidelines)
Cardboard, Paperboard and Boxboard
Cardboard egg cartons
Packaging (toys, electronics)
Food boxes (cereal, pasta, frozen food)
Gift, shoe boxes
Paper tubes (paper towel, toilet paper tubes)
Shipping, moving boxes
No pizza boxes
No wax coated cartons (unless marked recyclable)
No Styrofoam blocks, trays, cups, etc.
Junk mail, letters, envelopes
Office paper, folders
Shredded paper (see also Shred for a Paws Cause)
No laminated paper
No food contaminated items (i.e. paper plates)
Plastic Containers #1 – #7
Beverage bottles (water, soda…)
Butter, cream cheese, yogurt tubs (remove foil liner)
Cooking oil bottles
Detergent, cleaning bottles
Styrofoam egg cartons and packing peanuts
Please rinse containers and remove lids.
No plastic bags (local grocers)
No Styrofoam blocks, trays, cups, etc.
Batteries – rechargeable
Fluorescent light bulbs
Propane, helium tanks
- Batteries (non-rechargeable alkaline): Can safely be disposed of with normal household waste. Please visit Duracell.com for disposal tips. Rechargeable batteries (nickel cadmium, lithium hydride, nickel metal hydride and lead/acid [vehicle batteries]) are accepted at the Recycling Center.
- CFLs: Accepted at home improvement stores
- Commercial Oil: Fuel Blenders, 512-365-1920; H&H Waste Oil or any other commercial oil recycler.
- Computers: Goodwill (Dell Reconnect); Texas Recycles Computers; Consumer Technology Assoc.; MRM E-Recycling
- Dirt and Backfill: Williamson County Landfill
- Electronics (computers, cell phones, TVs): See EPA’s list of electronics recycling locations
- Freon Appliances: Round Rock Appliance Recycling; Hutto Recycling Center; Round Rock Refuse
- Fence Posts and Fence Panels: Williamson County Landfill
- Furniture: Duke’s Junk Recycling; Williamson County Landfill
- Glass: Accepted with your Curbside Recycling
- Lumber (treated & untreated), Plywood: Williamson County Landfill
- Mattresses: Duke’s Junk Recycling; Williamson County Landfill
- Medications: Round Rock Police hosts a National Drug Take Back Day each April and October. See this Disposal Safety Guide for disposing of medications at home.
- Pallets: Austin Pallet Company
- Sharps and Syringes: TCEQ Tips for Disposal of Household Syringes; Sharps Compliance
- Tires: Wal-Mart Automotive, Discount Tire, NTB or any other tire dealership
- TVs: Best Buy, 1-800-GOT-JUNK, Texas Recycles TVs; Duke’s Junk Recycling
- Vehicles: Vehicles For Veterans is a nonprofit vehicle donation program benefiting disabled veterans. Junk Car Medics is auto recycling that gives you cash for your car.
Garbage, lumber, rocks and landscape material, mattresses, old furniture and any other unacceptable items may be taken to the Williamson County Landfill located in Hutto.
Disclaimer: Sites are listed for informational purposes only. City of Round Rock does not endorse any of these entities nor their services.
Before you buy paint, fertilizer, cleaning products or other common household chemicals, make sure to check out the Re-USE Building at the Recycling Center.
We can accept five gallons or less of gasoline in an approved gas container (not a milk or other plastic jug). Please hand container directly to the attendant on site. The gas container(s) will be returned if name and phone number are provided on them.
310 Deepwood Drive
Round Rock, Texas 78681
Phone: 512-218-5554 | Fax: 512-341-3359