Round Rock Operation Blue Santa
The Round Rock Police Department is gearing up for its 43rd annual Blue Santa Christmas drive. Operation Blue Santa is a non-profit program organized by volunteers and employees of the Round Rock Police and Fire Department. Since 1978 Operation Blue Santa has delivered toys and food to thousands of families in need so that we may continue to advance the cause of helping those that are less fortunate along with, helping the Round Rock Community celebrate the magic of the holiday season.
Application Location: Round Rock Public Safety Training Center, 2801 N. Mays Street, Round Rock, TX 78665 (next door to the Police Department)
2021 Application Dates:
- You must live within Round Rock city limits
- Current report card from RRISD for each school-aged child for your own household.
- Have two proofs of address: (A) an identification with a picture and (B) a proof of your address, such as a utility bill, current lease or telephone bill.
2021 Round Rock Operation Blue Santa Delivery Day to be announced.
For more information, please contact Operation Blue Santa at 512-844-8273 or email@example.com
Drop Off Toys:
Operation Blue Santa accepts new unwrapped toys, books, wrapping paper year-round.
Toy Donation Guidelines:
- They must be new, not used. Unwrapped
- They must not contain liquid or powder such as glitter.
- No food
- No glass
- Ages 0-1 and 11-13 are most needed.
- Police Department 2701 N. Mays Street, Round Rock, TX 78665
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Click HERE to request a donation barrel for your business or organization.
Step 1: Adopt a Family sign-up will open closer to the Holidays. Step 2: Contact the Adopt a Family coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you’ve picked a family or families that you want to sponsor, fill out the adopt a family form provided by coordinator.
- Once you have returned the form, the family will be assigned and released to you, and you will be able to view all the information entered on the application regarding their family.
Step 3: Contact the family
- Contact the family by phone (We recommend dialing *67 from a land line just to protect your personal number)
- You can just share your first name, and identify yourself as their Adopt -a-Family Sponsor.
- Ask what their Holiday Needs Might Be (If they ask for more than you can provide, know that we only ask that you provide what is within your means.)
- Establish a date and time to deliver the gifts to your family.
- If you find that your experience with the family is not a positive one, or if you are unable to contact your family please contact us immediately and we will release the family and you can choose another family.
Step 4: Donate & Deliver
- At a minimum we ask that you provide:
- A means for a holiday meal for the family
- Gifts for children 13 years old and younger (If you choose to provide gifts for children older than 13, that is up to your discretion.)
- Meal Guidelines: We have found that gift cards to HEB, Randall’s, Wal-Mart, or Super Target work best. A gift card offers a sense of dignity, allowing them to purchase their own food. The dollar amount of the gift card will depend on the size of the family you select. We suggest at least $25 for a single member family, and to add at least $5 per person for each additional family member
- Gift Guidelines: Gifts for the children can be toys, games, books, and clothing. You may also provide a gift for the entire family or the head of the household. (Some sponsors choose to provide a tree, decorations, stockings filled with goodies, gifts and gift cards–but again, your giving is a personal decision based on your budget and your ability to donate.)
- Delivery Guidelines: It is important to call your family a few days before delivery to re-confirm. Re-check the address and get directions or ask for apartment numbers and gate codes. If the address has changed, please contact the Round Rock Operation Blue Santa Adopt a Family Line (512-218-5527) or by email at email@example.com immediately and report the change.
Monetary Donation:You can donate money to help us run our organization and get gifts to those who need them most.
Want to donate by check? Please make out check to Round Rock Operation Blue Santa and sent it to:
Round Rock Operation Blue Santa
Attn: Lani Kaululaau
2701 N. Mays Street
Round Rock, TX 78665
Operation Blue Santa is made possible with the help of volunteers from City of Round Rock employees and the public. These generous helpers assist in sorting, wrapping, and filling boxes. Check back closer to the Holidays for volunteer opportunities.
Round Rock Operation Blue Santa organizes the annual Trunk or Treat around Halloween each year. The 2021 Trunk or Treat will be held Saturday, Oct. 23 at the Public Safety Training Center (next door to the PD). Click HERE for more info.
Vendors can pay their registration fee here:
- President – Rey Rodriguez, Round Rock Police Department
- Vice President – Joseph Claypool, Round Rock Police Department
- Treasurer – Lani Kaululaau, Round Rock Police Department
- Secretary – Ivonne Duran, Round Rock Police Department
- Administrative Assistant #1 – Sarah Freitag, Round Rock Police Department
- Administrative Assistant #2 – Don Holland, Round Rock Police Department
- Rosa Canales, Round Rock Police Department
- Jimmy Keyes, Round Rock Police Department
- Chisolm Cardwell, Round Rock Police Department
- Elizabeth Salinas, Round Rock Police Department
- Elisha English, Round Rock Police Department
- Josh Lake, Round Rock Police Department
- June Moon, Round Rock Police Department
- Kacy Malish, Round Rock Police Department
- Angela Pickell, Round Rock Police Department
- Jackie Fisher, Round Rock Police Department
- Ashley Greagrey, Round Rock Police Department
- Rigo Valles, Round Rock Police Department
- Christopher Ybarra, Round Rock Police Department
- Angelo Marmarinos, Round Rock Police Department
- Josh Mackey, Round Rock Police Department
- Laura Baxter, Round Rock Police Department
- Logan Harper-Hill, Round Rock Police Department
- Marciano Garza, Round Rock Police Department
- Paul Hernandez, Round Rock Police Department
- Riley Stowe, Round Rock Police Department
- Rocco Montorello, Round Rock Police Department
- Tracy Warren, Round Rock Police Department
- Cynthia Rodriguez, Round Rock Fire Department
- Zaira Amado, Round Rock Fire Department
Dedicated to positively impacting the lives of Round Rock children and families during the holiday season.
The Round Rock Police Department is a 501(c)3 non-profit, community based corporation, governed by a board of directors and staffed by volunteers and employees of the Round Rock Police and Fire Department. Support is provided by the Round Rock Police Department, Round Rock Fire Department, Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department, area businesses, organizations, and the Round Rock community. This charitable outreach began in 1978 by volunteers and employees of the Round Rock Police Department. We served fewer than 20 families by delivering toys and food to families in need during the holiday season. Since then, the program has grown to serve more than 1,600 individuals annually!
In addition, we currently provide a $25 HEB gift certificate to single seniors and a $25 HEB gift certificate to senior couples. Operation Blue Santa also provides emergency funds to individuals and families, on a case-by-case basis throughout the year. The program also builds and reinforces partnerships among the Departments, local businesses, community and numerous volunteers that make the program a success. Operation Blue Santa thanks all of you for your time and your generosity!