Round Rock Operation Blue Santa
The Round Rock Operation Blue Santa program is gearing up for its 45th annual Blue Santa holiday toy drive. Operation Blue Santa is a nonprofit program supported and organized by the Round Rock Police Department. Since 1978, the program has assisted thousands of Round Rock families and senior citizens in need. Together with donations from the community, this program helps those less fortunate to celebrate the magic of the holiday season.
How to Apply for Assistance
Donations Accepted Year-round
CLICK HERE to apply online! Online applications are accepted through Nov. 30.
- Current Photo ID (provide one of the following): Texas Driver License, Texas ID Card, or Permanent Resident Card
- Proof of Round Rock Residence (provide one of the following with current address in applicant’s name): Utility Bill, Cell Phone Bill, Current Rental/Lease Agreement, or Recent Medicaid/EBT Letter
- Proof of School Enrollment (any household with children ages 13 and under attending Round Rock ISD, charter, or homeschool must provide one of the following): Most Recent Report Card, Enrollment Letter from the school, or (for Homeschoolers) current enrollment or curriculum
2023 Round Rock Operation Blue Santa Delivery Day: Friday, Dec. 15, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For more information, please contact Operation Blue Santa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Blue Santa accepts new unwrapped toys, books, wrapping paper year-round.
Toy Donation Guidelines:
- They must be new, not used. Unwrapped
- They must not contain liquid or powder such as glitter.
- No food
- No glass
- No stuffed animals
- Ages 0-1 and 11-13 are most needed.
Items Needed (Boys and Girls):
- Wrapping paper
- Baby items/toys
- Wipes and Diapers
- Hand-held sensory toys
- Building blocks
- Musical toys
- Balls (football, soccer, basketball, etc.)
- Toy trucks and cars
- Lego sets
- Hand-held games for teens
- Wallets, purses, backpacks, etc.
- Jewelry (watches, earrings, etc.)
- Hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc.
- Round Rock Police Department, 2701 N. Mays Street, Round Rock, TX 78665 (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm)
- All Round Rock Fire Stations
- Click HERE to request a collection box for your business or organization.
When you donate money, we are able to purchase toys and food cards, which gives us the opportunity to give to more families in need. Any and all donations are appreciated.
- Paypal – account not required
- Venmo – @RoundRock-OperationBlueSanta
- Check – Please make it out to Round Rock Operation Blue Santa and sent it to: Round Rock Operation Blue Santa, Attn: Lani Kaululaau, 2701 N. Mays Street, Round Rock, TX 78665
Another, more personal way to support Operation Blue Santa is to adopt a family. This is open to groups and individuals. We ask that you provide a means for a Christmas meal or food gift card for the household and a gift for each child 13 and under. For more information on how to adopt a family, please email email@example.com.
Help out in the Operation Blue Santa warehouse, where to the sound of holiday music, we will sort, wrap and pack toys for the families of Round Rock.
We appreciate the overwhelming response from our community, however, due to limited warehouse space, Operation Blue Santa is at capacity for volunteers this holiday season.
Round Rock Operation Blue Santa organizes the annual Trunk or Treat around Halloween each year. The 2023 Trunk or Treat will be held Saturday, Oct. 21 at the Public Safety Training Center (next door to the PD).
Donation events: We set up booths at the following PD or City events.
- Juneteenth Celebration, June 17
- Frontier Days, July 4
- Public Safety Day, Sept. 23
- Round Rock Arts Fest and Chalk Walk, Oct. 6-7
- Trunk or Treat, October 21
- Dia de los Muertos, Nov. 4
- Turkey Trot, Nov. 24
- Light Up The Lake, Dec. 1-2
- Chairman – Grant Golden, Round Rock Police Department
- President – Rey Rodriguez, Round Rock Police Department
- Vice President – Joseph Claypool, Round Rock Police Department
- Treasurer – Lani Kaululaau, Round Rock Police Department
- Secretary – Ivonne Duran, Round Rock Police Department
- Administrative Assistant #1 – Sara Freitag, Round Rock Police Department
- Administrative Assistant #2 – Chris Ybarra, Round Rock Police Department
- Administrative Assistant #3 – Cindi Sheffield, Round Rock Police Department
- Social Media Specialist – Zaira Amado, Round Rock Police Department
- Jason Bristow, Round Rock Police Department
- Lauren Brown, Round Rock Police Department
- Angela Carbary, Round Rock Police Department
- Chisholm Cardwell, Round Rock Police Department
- Elisha English, Round Rock Police Department
- Jackie Fisher, Round Rock Police Department
- Logan Harper-Hill, Round Rock Police Department
- Brian Heldman, Round Rock Police Department
- Don Holland, Round Rock Police Department
- Tracy Lyke, Round Rock Police Department
- Angelo Marmarinos, Round Rock Police Department
- Rocco Montorello, Round Rock Police Department
- June Moon, Round Rock Police Department
- Riley Stowe, Round Rock Police Department
- Rigo Valles, Round Rock Police Department
- Crystal Velasquez, Round Rock Police Department
- Thesia Black, Round Rock Fire Department
Mission: Dedicated to positively impacting the lives of Round Rock children and families during the holiday season.
About Us: Round Rock Operation Blue Santa is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is supported by the Round Rock Police Department, governed by a board of directors, and staffed by volunteers and employees of the Round Rock Police, Fire and Parks and Recreation Departments. Support is provided by area businesses, organizations, and the Round Rock community.
This charitable outreach began in 1978, serving fewer than 20 families by delivering toys and food during the holiday season. Since then, the program has grown to serve more than 1,500 individuals annually! The program provides each family with a food gift card and Christmas gifts for each child aged 12 and younger. In addition, Round Rock senior citizens receive food gift cards and gifts.
The program builds and reinforces partnerships within the City government, local businesses and organizations, and generous citizens. This program would not be possible without the support of the Round Rock community.