Join us October 1st, 2019 from 6-9 p.m. for National Night Out! See below to register your event and request RRPD attendance.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live. Together, we are making that happen.
National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community and provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
Neighborhoods across the nation host block parties, festivals, parades, cookouts and other various community events with safety demonstrations, seminars, youth events, visits from emergency personnel and exhibits.
MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY
- Collect for a food bank
- Beautify a common area
- Plan a fall clean-up or bulb planting
- Recruit additional Neighborhood Watch leaders and block captains
- Discuss neighborhood concerns, problems
- Distribute neighborhood block list, phone numbers, etc.
- Discuss outdoor lighting in the area
- Find a neighbor in need and help out as a group
SUGGESTED GROUP CONVERSATIONS/MIXERS
- Block history stories
- National Night Out stories
- Photos from past block parties and NNO events
- Design a mixer: “Find a person who…” – with prizes
- Awards: Oldest resident, longest resident, newest resident
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR YOUTH
- Arts: coloring contest, chalk art, face painting, make a mural or banner
- Games: board games, 3-legged race, Football, baseball, basketball. Street hockey , roller blade, jump rope, sack races, water balloons, Frisbee competition, piñata, skits
- Safety: Bike Safety, child ID Kits, McGruff
- Other: Bike parade, pony rides, youth parade with a theme, bubbles, magic show, sing-alongs, clowns
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR ALL AGES
- Block party
- Jump rope contest
- Hula hoop contest
- Street dance
- Storytelling (truth or fiction)
- Celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc.
- Scavenger hunt
- Visits from police, fire and EMS
- Crime prevention videos
- Take lots of pictures
- Rummage sale
- Music and DJ
- Dunk tank
- Sandy beach party
- Street carnival
- Disposable camera distribution/photo contest
- Self-defense demonstration
- Jail & Bail
- K-9 demonstration
- Funniest hat contest
- Welcome new neighbors
- Live music
- Simple Refreshments: watermelon, lemonade and cookies, coffee, tea and dessert, ice cream cones, make your own sundaes, pretzels and chips, soda, iced tea, punch or fruit and cheese plates
- Cookout: Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, corn on the cob, salads
- Bring something: Pizza, potluck (sign up ahead of time)
- City Limits: Click HERE to see if your event is within city limits. Map of City Limits: https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/cl_etj_muds.pdf
- Road Closures: Click HERE to request road closures. The fee should be waived for National Night Out events.
- Complete and submit the form below to register your event with the Round Rock Police Department.