|Drop Off Toys||Adopt-a-Family|
|Monetary Donation||Warehouse Volunteer|
Drop Off Toys:
Toy Drive officially begins on November 4th, 2019. Operation Blue Santa accepts new unwrapped toys, books, wrapping paper. We recommend donations be made by December 17, 2019 to ensure enough time to sort and package the toys.
Toy Donation Guidelines:
- They must be new, not used. Unwrapped
- They must not contain liquid or powder such as glitter.
- No food
- No glass
- Ages 0-1 and 11-13 are most needed.
- Police Department 2701 N. Mays Street, Round Rock, TX 78665
- Fire Dept. station #1 203 Commerce Blvd
- Fire Dept. station #2 200 West Bagdad
- Fire Dept. station #3 1991 Rawhide
- Fire Dept. station #4 3300 Gattis School
- Fire Dept. station #5 350 Deepwood
- Fire Dept. station #6 2919 Joe Dimaggio Blvd
- Fire Dept. station #7 2811 Oakmont Blvd.
- Fire Dept. station #8 1612 Red Bud Lane
- Fire Dept. station #9 2721 Sam Bass Road
To become a toy drop-off location at your place of business or on behalf of an organization, contact Zaira Amado at email@example.com and request a Donation Collection Box.
Step 1: Adopt a Family will open on November 18th.
Step 2: Contact the Adopt a Family coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you’ve picked a family or families that you want to sponsor, fill out the adopt a family form provided by coordinator.
- Once you have returned the form, the family will be assigned and released to you, and you will be able to view all the information entered on the application regarding their family.
Step 3: Contact the family
- Contact the family by phone (We recommend dialing *67 from a land line just to protect your personal number)
- You can just share your first name, and identify yourself as their Adopt -a-Family Sponsor.
- Ask what their Holiday Needs Might Be (If they ask for more than you can provide, know that we only ask that you provide what is within your means.)
- Establish a date and time to deliver the gifts to your family (If you are unable to reach or determine a time, you can choose to do December 20th between 9AM – 12PM – the families have already been instructed to be home on this date.)
- If you find that your experience with the family is not a positive one, or if you are unable to contact your family please contact us immediately and we will release the family and you can choose another family.
Step 4: Donate & Deliver
- At a minimum we ask that you provide:
- A means for a holiday meal for the family
- Gifts for children 13 years old and younger (If you choose to provide gifts for children older than 13, that is up to your discretion.)
- Meal Guidelines: We have found that gift cards to HEB, Randall’s, Wal-Mart, or Super Target work best. A gift card offers a sense of dignity, allowing them to purchase their own food. The dollar amount of the gift card will depend on the size of the family you select. We suggest at least $25 for a single member family, and to add at least $5 per person for each additional family member
- Gift Guidelines: Gifts for the children can be toys, games, books, and clothing. You may also provide a gift for the entire family or the head of the household. (Some sponsors choose to provide a tree, decorations, stockings filled with goodies, gifts and gift cards–but again, your giving is a personal decision based on your budget and your ability to donate.)
- Delivery Guidelines: It is important to call your family a few days before delivery to re-confirm. Re-check the address and get directions or ask for apartment numbers and gate codes. If the address has changed, please contact the Round Rock Operation Blue Santa Adopt a Family Line (512-218-5513) or by email at email@example.com immediately and report the change.
You can donate money to help us run our organization and get gifts to those who need them most. We use PayPal to accept donations, but you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to donate – PayPal accepts all major debit and credit cards.
Want to donate by check? Please make out check to Round Rock Operation Blue Santa and sent it to:
Round Rock Operation Blue Santa
Attn: Rosa Canales
2701 N. Mays Street
Operation Blue Santa is made possible with the help of volunteers from City of Round Rock employees and the public. These generous helpers assist in sorting, wrapping, and filling boxes.
Due to an overwhelming response, all warehouse volunteer positions have been filled. Thanks to everyone that reached out!