Animal Control FAQ

Contact Animal Control if you see coyotes. You can also take the following steps to reduce the chance of human-coyote conflicts:

  • Do not feed coyotes!
  • Eliminate sources of water, particularly in dry climates.
    Bird feeders should be positioned so that coyotes cannot get feed. Coyotes are attracted by bread, table scraps, and even seed. They may also be attracted by the birds and rodents that come to feeders.
  • Do not discard edible garbage where coyotes can get to it.
  • Secure garbage containers and eliminate garbage odors.
  • Feed pets indoors whenever possible. Pick up any leftovers if feeding outdoors. Store pet and livestock feed where it is inaccessible to wildlife.
  • Trim and clean, near ground level, any shrubbery that provides hiding cover for coyotes or prey.
  • Fencing your yard could deter coyotes. The fence should be at least 6 feet high with the bottom extending at least 6 inches below ground level for best results.
  • Don’t leave small children unattended outside if coyotes have been frequenting the area.
  • Don’t allow pets to run free. Keep them safely confined and provide secure nighttime housing for them. Walk your dog on a leash and accompany your pet outside, especially at night. Provide secure shelters for poultry, rabbits, and other vulnerable animals.
  • Discourage coyotes from frequenting your area. If you start seeing coyotes around your home or property, chase them away by shouting, making loud noises, or throwing rocks.

The City of Round Rock does not provide bee removal services. To have bees removed, search for Beekeepers.

Local beekeepers include:

  • Bohanan, 512-863-5752
  • Bee Safe Bee Removal, 512-218-0647
  • American Honey Bee Protection Agency, 512-785-9160

If bees are an imminent danger to a person or area, contact Animal Control.

If your pet becomes lost, 

  • Look closest to home first
  • Check with local veterinary clinics, notify neighbors, search found ads in local newspapers
  • Contact the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter
  • Contact other animal shelters in your area.

If your dog or cat is wearing a pet tag, we will contact you and let you know it was impounded. Otherwise contact the Animal Control office at 218-5500 or the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter.

Scroll to Top