Winter Weather Safety Tips
Winter weather in central Texas can be unpredictable, but when temperatures fall into the 30’s or below remember the four “P’s” of safety:
- PEOPLE: Keep your family warm and check on any elderly family or neighbors that may need extra blankets, winterizing their homes or a warm place to stay.
- PETS: Dogs and cats get cold too. Bring them inside at night to keep them healthy and safe.
- PLANTS: Either cover plants to keep them warm at night or bring them inside so they can flourish.
- PIPES: Cover exposed pipes to prevent freezing and breaks.
Remember to turn off sprinklers when the temperature drops!
Frequently Asked Questions:
• When should I be concerned about pipes freezing?
• How much water should be running to help prevent pipes from freezing?
• What other actions can I take to help prevent pipes from freezing?
• Where can I find more household water tips?