Did you know that more than 80% of waste being buried or burned could have been reused, recycled or composted?
Prescription Drug Take Back: Saturday, April 28 (10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
1st Wednesday of every month from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Garbage is collected once per week and recycling every other week.
- Collection occurs between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. If services are not performed by 6:30 p.m. please contact Round Rock Refuse at 512-255-4980.*
- Carts may be placed at curb no earlier than 7 a.m. the day before collection and removed by 7 p.m. the following day.
- The cart and up to 7 additional items may be placed at the curb. (including bundled brush and bagged leaves)
- Items must be less than 40 pounds and no larger than 4 ft. x 4 ft. x 4 ft.
- Brush must be bundled or contained within the cart with the lid closed
- All bulk items in excess of 40 lbs. and/or in excess of 7 items must be scheduled through Round Rock Refuse at 512-255-4980 (additional fees apply)
- These restrictions do not apply during the annual Spring Clean Up Week held in April
- Curbside Recycling
- Recycling Center
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal (HHW)
- Brush Recycling and Mulch
- Shred for a Paws Cause
- Spring Clean Up Week
- Spring HHW Saturday Collection
City of Round Rock offers disposal options for the following residential automotive waste:
Dispose of your used motor oil in the designated oil dumpster at any of the following locations day or night:
- Public Works Building – 2008 Enterprise Drive
- Fire Station #3 – 1992 Rawhide Street
- Fire Station #6 – 2919 Joe DiMaggio Boulevard
- Recycling Center – 310 Deepwood Drive (open daily 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., except on City holidays)
We can accept five gallons or less at the Recycling Center. The gasoline must be in an approved gas container (not in a milk or other plastic jug) and must be handed directly to the attendant on site. Include your name and phone number on the container so it can be returned to you.
Antifreeze, Brake/Transmission/Power Steering Fluid, Car Batteries, and Oil Filters are also accepted at the Recycling Center.