Saturday, September 29 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
1st Wednesday of every month from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Curbside Collection Guidelines
- Garbage is collected once per week and recycling every other week.
- Collection occurs between 7 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. If services are not performed by 6:30 p.m. please contact Round Rock Refuse.
- Carts may be placed at the curb beginning at 7 a.m. the day before collection and removed by 7 p.m. the following day.
- The cart and up to 7 additional items may be placed at the curb (including bundled brush and bagged leaves)
- Each item must be less than 40 pounds and no larger than 4 ft. x 4 ft. x 4 ft.
- Brush must be bundled or contained within cart with lid closed. For brush in excess of 7 items, contact Brush Recycling to schedule a pick up (additional fees apply).
- For items weighing over 40 lbs. and/or in excess of 7 items, contact Round Rock Refuse to schedule a pick up (additional fees apply).
- These restrictions do not apply during the annual Spring Clean Up Week held in April.
The only holidays that affect collection are Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Collection will occur one day later beginning on the holiday and the remainder of that week. For example, if Christmas falls on a Monday, there will be no collection that Monday and collection for the remainder of the week will be pushed back one day.
City of Round Rock offers disposal options for the following residential automotive waste:
- Public Works Building – 2008 Enterprise Drive
- Fire Station #3 – 1992 Rawhide Street
- Fire Station #6 – 2919 Joe DiMaggio Boulevard
- Recycling Center – 310 Deepwood Drive (open daily 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., except on City holidays)
We can accept five gallons or less at the Recycling Center. The gasoline must be in an approved gas container (not in a milk or other plastic jug) and must be handed directly to the attendant on site. Include your name and phone number on the container so it can be returned to you.
Antifreeze, Brake/Transmission/Power Steering Fluid, Car Batteries, and Oil Filters are also accepted at the Recycling Center.