Did you know that more than 80% of waste being buried or burned could have been reused, recycled or composted?
Dispose of old furniture or any other bulk items without the hassle and expense of hauling it off. It’s easy and it’s free. Just place your bulk items neatly at the curb on your regular scheduled pick-up day during Spring Clean Up Week, April 17-21.
Safely dispose of paint, automotive fluids, and other household chemicals. See details
Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 8 a.m. to noon
1st Wednesday of every month from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Garbage is collected once per week and recycling every other week.
- Recycling materials should be placed in the green 95-gallon cart.
- Carts may be placed at curb no earlier than 7 a.m. the day before collection and removed by 7 p.m. the following day.
- Missed garbage, recycling, or bulk item collection should be reported to Round Rock Refuse; call 512-255-4980.
- No more than 7 additional bags may be placed at the curb. (including bagged leaves)
- Bagged leaves (up to 6 bags) are accepted at the curb with regular trash pick-up. Brush recycling is handled by the Forestry Division.
- Curbside Recycling
- Recycling Center
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal (HHW)
- Brush Recycling and Mulch
- Shred for a Paws Cause
- Spring Clean Up Week
- Spring HHW Saturday Collection
City of Round Rock offers disposal options for the following residential automotive waste:
Dispose of your used motor oil in the designated oil dumpster at any of the following locations day or night:
- Public Works Building – 2008 Enterprise Drive
- Fire Station #3 – 1992 Rawhide Street
- Fire Station #4 – 3300 Gattis School Road
- Fire Station #6 – 2919 Joe DiMaggio Boulevard
- Recycling Center – 310 Deepwood Drive (open daily 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., except on City holidays)
We can accept five gallons or less at the Recycling Center. The gasoline must be in an approved gas container (not in a milk or other plastic jug) and must be handed directly to the attendant on site. Include your name and phone number on the container so it can be returned to you.
Antifreeze, Brake/Transmission/Power Steering Fluid, Car Batteries, and Oil Filters are also accepted at the Recycling Center.