In order to apply for the Fire Cadet position, candidates must meet the following initial requirements:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to take the written exam and may not be thirty-six (36) years of age or older at the start of employment
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, an appropriate valid Texas drivers’ license and possess a driving record which meets current City auto liability insurance requirements
- If prior military service, must have concluded with an honorable discharge and requires form DD-214 for verification
- Be authorized to work in the United States
For more information about requirements during the testing and hiring process, please visit the Benefits and Apply tab.