The library has available 44 public access computers for use by members or guests. Printing costs $.10/page for black and white or color. Sessions on the first floor computers are 30 minutes and computers on the second floor are 90 minutes.
We check out laptops for use in-house for two hours and limit check out to one time per day. Members in good standing with a valid library card and a currently valid Texas drivers license may checkout laptops. The valid library card and Texas drivers license must be presented each time when checking out.
Chromebooks can be checked out for use outside the library. Chromebooks check out for two weeks with no renewals. Members in good standing with a valid library card and a currently valid Texas drivers license may checkout Chromebooks. The valid library card and Texas drivers license must be presented each time when checking out. Check out Chromebooks at the second floor reference desk.
Thanks to sponsorship provided by the Friends of the Round Rock Public Library, cardholders will now be able to check out the internet just like a book. Mobile hotspots provide 24/7 access to the internet with unlimited data on the T-Mobile network.
A mobile hotspot is a small device you can use to connect a wireless enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet, to the internet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the internet almost anywhere you are, like at home, on the bus or in the park. The hotspot device works in any area covered by the T-Mobile 3G/4G LTE mobile broadband network.
Access to the internet has become increasingly important in many facets of daily life, yet not everyone in our community can afford this technology. The purpose of this pilot program is to remove barriers to the digital world by providing our patrons with greater access to the internet outside of the library building. This furthers RRPL’s mission to provide high quality services and resources to our growing and diverse community.
Mobile hotspots may be checked out at the reference desk on the second floor of the library. For more information, please call 512-218-7000.
Rules for Borrowing:
- 14-day checkout
- Must be 18 years or older to check out a hotspot
- Must have a Round Rock Public Library card in good standing and a valid Texas Drivers License or Texas State Identification
- 1 hotspot checkout per person
- $1.00 late fee per day
- No renewals
- Only 1 hotspot per account at a time
- Allow 24 hours for processing when returning
- Hotspots are deactivated if overdue
Is the digital world passing you by?
Round Rock Public Library’s Tech Tutor program can help you navigate the internet, access free library resources, and master some communication fundamentals.
Appointments for one-on-one help can be made for Tuesdays, between 2 and 3 p.m. Pre-scheduled appointments only (must be scheduled by preceding Friday).
- Using/downloading items from Library databases and digital platforms (Overdrive, RB Digital) on your device
- Searching the internet
- Using the library’s online catalog
- Creating email accounts, attaching files
- Recommending sites for hobbies, information, self-instruction
- Getting started with Skype
- Getting started with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram