Standalone Building Permits



This page is intended for General Contractors. If you are a homeowner, please refer to the Homeowner page for information.

Standalone Permits

Permits not part of a larger project such as a remodel or new build.

How to submit a Building Permit Application:

Email submissions to or drop off at 301 W Bagdad Ave, Ste 100, Round Rock, Texas 78664. Contact Building Inspections staff at 512-218-5550 if you have any questions.

NOTE: This is a one-permit system; separate permits are not required for electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating or air conditioning. This permit becomes null and void if work or construction authorized is not commenced within 6 months.

What to submit:
Review process:

Permit will be issued within 24-48 hours. Staff will call the applicant to inform them that the permit has been issued and they can obtain a copy at our office, or a copy can be emailed directly to them. Instructions for scheduling inspections through eTRAKIT will be provided unless you are already a registered General Contractor with the City of Round Rock.

Inspection process:

Inspections must be requested by calling our office before 4 p.m. for next business day.

Inspections are conducted Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Two inspections of the same type are included in the permit fee. After the second failed inspection of the same type, a $75 re-inspection fee will be assessed for each additional inspection and must be paid before scheduling the final inspection.


Inspection Services Division Office

Mark Remmert, Chief Building Official 512-218-5550
Gary Lawrence, Asst. Building Official 512-845-5946

Intake staff:  512-218-5550
Isabella Morales 512-218-5551
Jennifer Esparza 512-671-2889

Building Plan Examiners:
Commercial: Alice Guajardo 512-671-2763
Residential: Jorge Scott 512-218-5550

Commercial Inspectors:
Joey Swofford, Chief Commercial Inspector 512-845-4494
Bryan Fails 512-845-6249
Amos Harrison 512-639-0218 
Jimmy Spencer 512-470-9507

Residential Inspectors:
James Shine, Chief Residential Inspector 512-470-9543
Ferdinand Abadiano 512-568-7829
Joshua Gonzales 512-639-3050 
Paul Moran 512-688-9024
Alex Rodriguez 512-639-3005 
Brett Russel 512-987-6037 

Civil Inspectors
Matt Krueger, Chief Civil Inspector 512-748-9092
Chris Cervenka 512-639-6760
Mike Dekeyrel 512-673-8704   
George Grondin 512-639-9497
Lane Imken 512-647-0807   
Santos Ruiz 512-417-1417   

The Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD) also must review plans for any projects involving food service (including restaurants, bars, food trucks, convenience stores, day care facilities, etc.). The food establishment permit application and food establishment plan review application forms are posted on the WCCHD website with application instructions.

Certificates of Appropriateness are Required Prior to Issuance of a Building Permit.

Properties required to undergo historic review are identified with Historic Overlay Zoning. Alterations to all structures or sites with Historic Overlay Zoning require a Certificate of Appropriateness prior to the issuance of a building permit. Historic review applies to all structures on a site, including fences and accessory structures.

Preservation staff are available to discuss projects on all historic-age properties (even those without historic overlay zoning) and can provide technical references that are available to help avoid damage. Contact the Planning and Development Services desk at 512-218-5428 to discuss alterations to a historic property and/or the Certificate of Appropriateness process.

Scroll to Top